Morrissey's Catholicism

Just wondering how many people think that that worthless joyless religion's frowning on homosexuality has caused some of Morrissey's life problems.

Re: Morrissey's Catholicism.

Oh for f***sake...

Did I say he was exclusively homo?

Sigh.

Just wondering how many people think that that worthless joyless religion's frowning on homosexuality has caused some of Morrissey's life problems.

you're statement about a worthless joyless religion, makes me really want to punch you in the face. But all will be well in the end, because I can do penance. Sure, I'll feel bad about punching you in the face.. but i think i would be just in doing so.

cheers!!!!

It's quite clear from all of the things he has said (in interviews and songs) about Catholicism over the years, he has quite a complex relationship with his religious background. On YATQ he seemed to have come to terms with his religious up-bringing - by forgiving Jesus, but by the time he made ROTT he was still (rightly) railing against the organised church (e.g. Children in Pieces). This is a complex issue!

Punky:confused:

It's quite clear from all of the things he has said (in interviews and songs) about Catholicism over the years, he has quite a complex relationship with his religious background. On YATQ he seemed to have come to terms with his religious up-bringing - by forgiving Jesus, but by the time he made ROTT he was still (rightly) railing against the organised church (e.g. Children in Pieces). This is a complex issue!

Punky:confused:

a very complex issue.

I didn't mean to be so ugly with Bill Poster. Just his choice of words made me a bit defensive. One either grasps Catholicism (meaning to have an epiphany, if you will) or one does not. It really is The Traditional Church v's the Contemporary Church. Moz was raised (or taught the teachings of the pre- Vatican II. ) I think he has a love / hate relationship with the Church.

Geez, who didn't get slapped by a nun going to Catholic School? Just makes you stronger.. and for all of that.. Morrissey probably wouldn't Morrissey singing about it all.

Who cares, Just feel blessed that Moz is in your life, regardless of religion.

Geez, who didn't get slapped by a nun going to Catholic School? Just makes you stronger...

Some would classify the slapping of a child as child abuse.

But I agree with you.
Getting slapped by a nun, plus being terrorized with the idea that you might go to hell certainly makes you stronger.

Trauma who? Sexually-repressed what?

:lbf:

I don't think Morrissey would agree with you.

I'm not so sure of that. Read between the lines / lyrics. One example is that he wears a cologne that smells exactly like a Latin or High Mass. The man goes to confession, he does all the things that Catholics do. However, doesn't mean that he follows all that is Catholic. Obviously.

I'm not so sure of that. Read between the lines / lyrics. One example is that he wears a cologne that smells exactly like a Latin or High Mass. The man goes to confession, he does all the things that Catholics do. However, doesn't mean that he follows all that is Catholic. Obviously.

When has he ever been to confession ? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom