Morrissey will sing with the Chemical Brothers????

S

shelley

In today's (Friday's) L.A. Life section of the Daily News, there is a small article about Coachella. The article claims that Morrissey will be singing with the Chemical Brothers! It says
"Along with headliners Beck, Tool and Morrissey singing with the Chemical Brothers, Coachella offers acclaimed European acts..."
What the Hell? Then it says (regarding a possible reunion):
"Ex-Smith guitarist Johnny Marr is playing with Beck while Morrissey will sing with the Cheimical Brothers on the same stage October 9th."
I am sure that this must be another case of the idiotic press getting their facts wrong, but is disconcerting nevertheless. And also more than slightly amusing.

i don`t believe in it... but i am a hug fan of chemical brothers. it would be interesting, to say the least.

> In today's (Friday's) L.A. Life section of the Daily News, there
> is a small article about Coachella. The article claims that
> Morrissey will be singing with the Chemical Brothers! It says
> "Along with headliners Beck, Tool and Morrissey singing
> with the Chemical Brothers, Coachella offers acclaimed European
> acts..."
> What the Hell? Then it says (regarding a possible reunion):
> "Ex-Smith guitarist Johnny Marr is playing with Beck while
> Morrissey will sing with the Cheimical Brothers on the same
> stage October 9th."
> I am sure that this must be another case of the idiotic press
> getting their facts wrong, but is disconcerting nevertheless.
> And also more than slightly amusing.

on the coachella website, morrissey is the only artist listed on the same line as another...he is listed next to the chemical brothers..you can link the site through moz.solos tour section(not the discussion board)

> In today's (Friday's) L.A. Life section of the Daily News, there
> is a small article about Coachella. The article claims that
> Morrissey will be singing with the Chemical Brothers! It says
> "Along with headliners Beck, Tool and Morrissey singing
> with the Chemical Brothers, Coachella offers acclaimed European
> acts..."
> What the Hell? Then it says (regarding a possible reunion):
> "Ex-Smith guitarist Johnny Marr is playing with Beck while
> Morrissey will sing with the Cheimical Brothers on the same
> stage October 9th."
> getting their facts wrong, but is disconcerting nevertheless.
> And also more than slightly amusing.

I'm a big Chemical Brothers fan too. I would be something to see Morrissey dancing to the breakbeats! Maybe he would bust out and do a turtle spin onstage! HA!

cov01.jpg

> I'm a big Chemical Brothers fan too. I would be something to see
> Morrissey dancing to the breakbeats! Maybe he would bust out and
> do a turtle spin onstage! HA!

Do the Chemical Brothers even have any singing to their songs? Who are they, anyway? What is a song I might have heard if I only listen to the radio about 20 minutes per week (i.e., the cumulative time it takes me to find another Morrissey tape after the first one ends)? Is it a bunch of techno/electronica?
Morrissey better not go on stage with the chemical brothers or I will go up there and take the 50 bucks I spent on the ticket out of Moz's pocket myself!

It is just a rumor by a lazy reporter

> In today's (Friday's) L.A. Life section of the Daily News,
> The article claims that
> Morrissey will be singing with the Chemical Brothers!
It is just that. On the Coachella website the Chemical Brothers are listed on the same line as Morrissey. This is not because they are playing together, but because they did not want to give top billing to one over the other. This reporter probably saw this on the website and assumed it meant they were playing together.

bad editing

Somebody didn't check their facts. Somebody forgot to stick in a comma. Some idiot looked at a list of artists and did some wishful thinking. Has *anybody* ever sung live with the Chem Bros? It's exactly the sort of music Morrissey is supposed to hate, anyway. (Did you know that 'Let forever be' is a tribute to the Manchester scene of the eighties? it's true.)

lola.jpg

> i don`t believe in it... but i am a hug fan of chemical
> brothers. it would be interesting, to say the least.

yeah, Mozzer singing over break beats. yep, yep, yep. it seems so natural. Why are you people imagining these strange musical matings? why can't you just be happy to have Morrissey do a set by himself?

> Do the Chemical Brothers even have any singing to their songs?

Yes. Noel Gallagher did a song with them.

> Who are they, anyway?

English techno guys.

What is a song I might have heard if I
> only listen to the radio about 20 minutes per week (i.e., the
> cumulative time it takes me to find another Morrissey tape after
> the first one ends)?

'Let forever be' is their latest and greatest. you might have heard 'block rockin' beats' a couple years back.

Is it a bunch of techno/electronica?

yes.

> Morrissey better not go on stage with the chemical brothers or I
> will go up there and take the 50 bucks I spent on the ticket out
> of Moz's pocket myself!

it's not going to happen. it's weird enough that he's on the same bill.

> on the coachella website, morrissey is the only artist listed on
> the same line as another...he is listed next to the chemical
> brothers..you can link the site through moz.solos tour
> section(not the discussion board)

The HTML programmer screwed up his table or something. Big deal.

> yeah, Mozzer singing over break beats. yep, yep, yep. it seems
> so natural. Why are you people imagining these strange musical
> matings? why can't you just be happy to have Morrissey do a set
> by himself?

i know it would be strange, but don't forget chemical brothers played with bernard sumner and noel gallagher (with poor results in my opinion). with morrissey certainly the result would be better.

> I'm a big Chemical Brothers fan too.

I would be shocked, to say the least, if that actually happened!

How many hours a day do you spend on this site, Fabricio? just curious. It seems like you're on all the time.

and just maybe

the chemical brothers seem to like those mancunian frontmen, being themselves from man. whether thats true or not, it would be nice to imagine him with them. be sure that if something like that would happen, morrissey`s sales would boost in a way it never was before.
everyone around the world will go:"oh i know this voice...who`s he? oh yes, this morrissey from the smiths...didnt he stop singing?"
and then they will all go buy suedehead collection to see what he`s been doing and some would post hear:"i`m a new fan, can someone tell me whats the best album by morrissy to buy?"

> How many hours a day do you spend on this site, Fabricio? just
> curious. It seems like you're on all the time.

exactly. i spend 8 hours a day in my job, and there i have access to internet, you know. at night i come home and, before sleeping, i take a look here.

Back
Top Bottom