Morrissey to play Paris - Zenith De Paris La Villette (Feb. 9, 2018) according to infoconcert.com

Paris anyone?

20180110_204905.jpg

http://www.infoconcert.com/ticket/concert-morrissey-paris/1071331.html

Note: this is not confirmed via 'official' sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

As I stated in another thread:

Thinking: coming back earlier than planned. Paris gig announced for beginning of Feb prior to UK dates.
Fingers crossed.
Regards,
FWD.

I hope he does sing Paris.
It’s still a great song even if he, according to “fans” played it a bit too much for their liking during the tours of last years.
And even after so-called “Parisgate”. :rolleyes:

It’s a great song about a city he loves.

I hope he says something about Catherine Deneuve. :)

Firmly at the 'possibly' stage at the moment - pinching of salt recommended too.
Nothing from 'official' sources.
My spider sense is tingling for L’Olympia Hall too, but that is just SPECULATION on my part as it turned up in a 2018 search. It may just be a placeholder.
No getting any hopes up intended:

20180111_013947.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Sorry this ain't possible. David T should add "rumour" next to the title. No promoter would take such a risk in Paris. Remember, he had had high difficulties to get 3000 persons the last time he did the Zenith in 2009, so in year 2018, filling a 6500 capacity venue in 4 weeks ain't possible. Don't count on this.
For information, LIHS only stayed 2 weeks in the French Albums Chart, peaked at N°56 whereas WPINOYB was in 4 weeks. No sane promoter would schedule him such a big show in Paris within a short amount of times.

I reckon this isn't happening. Feb. 9 is the Cesar Chavez parade in Moz Angeles and reckon Uncle Steve is going to be grand marshal. Reckon you know what that means for Uncle Steve??? Unlimited rolled potato tacos, refried beans, and Corona! He wouldn't miss that for anything.

It will be a treat for Paris, think it will sell out within a couple hours,as more europe die hards want to hear the new songs live, and going to a gig

Had my own thoughts on an european tour a months or more after the Brittish gigs, yeah Ireland too

or festival summer in europe/UK, one can only hope

I spend the days in bed

Yeah, zenith has a shitty acoustic, the sound is horrible there.

At this moment I'm dreaming I am full Parisian, living in Paris waiting for mon' ami Mr. M in concert. :france:

I reckon this isn't happening. Feb. 9 is the Cesar Chavez parade in Moz Angeles and reckon Uncle Steve is going to be grand marshal. Reckon you know what that means for Uncle Steve??? Unlimited rolled potato tacos, refried beans, and Corona! He wouldn't miss that for anything.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Unfortunately he canceled because due to, two things the smell of beef cooking from 3 blocks away and Kevin Spacey not presenting him an award.

Paris or not Paris?
That is the question...
Mais en effet le Zenith c'est pas tip-top comme salle...
D'un autre côté juste un jour avant ma fête ça aurait été sympa.
En revanche aucun site de vente pour le moment , quelqu'un a un tuyau ?
A+

Paris or not Paris?
That is the question...
Mais en effet le Zenith c'est pas tip-top comme salle...
D'un autre côté juste un jour avant ma fête ça aurait été sympa.
En revanche aucun site de vente pour le moment , quelqu'un a un tuyau ?
A+

Si la DGSE n'a pas de tuyaux, je sais pas qui pourrait en avoir...

En tous cas les jeunes on n'est pas sortis des ronces. Mais ça sera sans moi : 19h30 au Zénith(merdique)un vendredi soir en venant de Province pour entendre My Love... c'est niet

Même pour ce qui pourrait bien être un dernier concert parisien ?

Sorry this ain't possible. David T should add "rumour" next to the title. No promoter would take such a risk in Paris. Remember, he had had high difficulties to get 3000 persons the last time he did the Zenith in 2009, so in year 2018, filling a 6500 capacity venue in 4 weeks ain't possible. Don't count on this.
For information, LIHS only stayed 2 weeks in the French Albums Chart, peaked at N°56 whereas WPINOYB was in 4 weeks. No sane promoter would schedule him such a big show in Paris within a short amount of times.

It’s true. Top albums 200 = 56 for LIHS, on the Nov 25.
http://www.lescharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Morrissey&titel=Low+In+High+School&cat=a
http://www.snepmusique.com/tops-semaine/top-album-megafusion/?ye=2017&we=47

With no radio broadcast except on France Inter for the release of STDIB, on 1 November 2017 at 9 pm in the show “Very Good Trip” of Michka Assayas, to introduce the next release of LIHS. The theme of the day was “around Morrissey, vocal singers, eccentricity and lyricism”. MA gave a retrospective of the solo career.

So, the only thing I can see :

If LIHS reached the French charts, even though, let us be realistic, this is not glorious, not representative in the eyes of the fans and especially as this country is not the standard fanbase, and especially as Mr. Morrissey was shot with red balls into the French media too because of his statements, and especially since the French press did not really welcome the album, and especially since no interviews were given to the French media (for what to do besides?), then, with all these archi negative points, who have bought the album LIHS in France ? If you think “the French standard fanbase”, then there is a French standard fanbase.
Perhaps not the whole would go to Paris but perhaps some French + some Belgian, perhaps others. Who knows ? I don’t know. But I will not say this ain’t possible. Only Morrissey team, himself and BMG can measure the possibility. And I hope that it would be not to the Zenith if the possibility exists. Another big town, a convenient location, with a big airport and important railways, like… !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom