Morrissey to do 'Desert Island Discs' and 'The One Show'

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Janice Long just played the new single, and then mentioned that if you've got a ticket then she'll see you at the Radio2 gig on Wednesday night (I don't Jan, but thanks anyway).
She then announced that Moz will be 'doing' The One Show, Desert Island Discs 'and lots of other stuff'. No specifics on dates, but obviously sometime in the next fortnight would make sense, certainly for The One Show (this could very well be car crash tv time) :eek:
But, at last, Moz may be gracing Desert Island Discs with his prescence, alongside the fragrant Kirsty Young. Moz probably thinks it's still Roy Plomley hosting it. He's in for a shock......:thumb:

Re: Morrissey to do 'Desert Island Discs', etc.

According to The N.M.E hes talking about Goliwogs with Carol Thatcher lol

They don't have performances on The One Show do they? So it will just be Adrian Chiles interviewing Moz?. Christ.

The One Show? Oh God, it's going to be Pebble Mill all over again, isn't it?

They don't have performances on The One Show do they? So it will just be Adrian Chiles interviewing Moz?. Christ.

When Michael Stipe was on they made him endure a tribute band called STIPE.

I listen to Desert Island Discs every Sunday morning, so no chance of missing that.

Non-UK people, The One Show is Monday-Friday 19:00-19:30 on BBC 1 which is a so-called current affair programme.

Radio 4's Desert Island Disc is one of the best radio programmes in UK.
A guest discusses about his / her favourite piece of music with presenter Kirsty Young, ideal for Morrissey.

It's weird. The One Show is a bog standard primetime magazine show where you'd expect the likes of Jade Goody to reign supreme, but the standard of guests it gets are totally out of proportion to that. I think it's due to the fact that the presenters aren't total morons.

What are "The One Show" and "Desert Island Discs"?

The One Show is a programme on BBC one in the UK at 7 oclock every night Monday-Friday for half an hour. It has guests on and reports on anything and everything really. Described as a "topical magazine show" and can be a decent watch.

Desert Island discs is a weekly, long running BBC Radio 4 programme, which has a different guest every week, who talk about the 8 rcords they would take with them were they to be deserted on a desert island. They also choose there favourite of these records, a book, and a luxury item.

Everything about The One Show is just wrong. It should be renamed The Wrong Show. Oh ho my sparkling wit.

Seriously though, what's our Mozza doing on there? Adrian Chiles and that bird are the antithesis of Morrissey. I can't imagine it being anything less than excrutiating.

Desert Island Disks should be good though :)

The best bits will be in between the articles, which tend to be about rare squirrils or shop-mobility. I'm excited to see what quips he can come up with (probably not as good as C. Thatcher's though).

The One Show is excellent, I really can't wait for that

There is nothing wrong with the One Show. Apart from when they got Mylene Klass in to present it when she was just about to give birth, all to boost her book sales! :sick:

I have it very good authority that he will be doing Desert Island Discs, in the style of Stanley Unwin. "I'll be BC Rotatey Diskers, like the Pidley Pipeload" as Morrissey put it! :D

The One Show is Brilliant, Adrian Chiles is so down to earth and very funny, and Christine Bleakly is one of the best looking women on T.V, i bet even Moz will be tryin it on with her, you watch

The One Show is Brilliant, Adrian Chiles is so down to earth and very funny, and Christine Bleakly is one of the best looking women on T.V, i bet even Moz will be tryin it on with her, you watch

Yes but Adrian Chiles makes up for it by being THE ugliest person I have ever seen.

The One Show is f***ing awful. And I mean that.

I heard a rumour that Morrissey's mum watches The One Show, and that's why he wants to go on!

Back
Top Bottom