Morrissey THINK thread...

Sometimes I THINK about whether Morrissey's mum and sister call him 'Morrissey'. He says everyone does, but I can't imagine calling my brother by our surname. :crazy:
Anyway, I realise that's not the point of this thread, but it just seemed like a good place to post it. :squiffy:

Morrissey20Olympia208.jpg

Thank you, echobay for this beautiful shot which makes me thinking about male beauty and the opposition the appreciation of it faces here while this is clearly contradicting everything Morrissey had to say on the issue himself or what he did to enhance the appreciation of his beauty.

This pic has always made me go 'Guh'... *swoon*

yellowshirt.jpg

That is about all I can think of right now. Just... him... gah...

Think of some of your favourite Morrissey/Smiths related stuff, it can be anything, lyrics, letters, pictures, drawings, your favourite songs/lyric/pictures/quotes, videos, personal memerobilia, things that you really cherish and love, rare stuff, new stuff, old stuff it can be anything!

Go on!!!

I'll get the ball rolling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJJBUbZB4M

This had always been one of my favourite videos

Yes, I've just edited this.

I love the first few seconds of that video so much, with him wondering where that women is and her showing up out of no where.

I'm thinking but it hurts my brain parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335otFnfoiA

I think this is my favourite Smiths performance I've seen...and the fact it was in my hometown makes it special for me, even if I was only 2 when it was filmed :)

Oh, and I have to include Charlie's Bus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjJ1H11kYE

I don't think I've ever giggled as much as when I first found this.

Charlies Bus goes down in the Smiths archives as one of the finest pieces of footage put to film.

Morrissey at Kew Gardens, with a bunch of school kids and Johnny playfully taunting lads like a big brother is joyful...

I wish to revive your thread, and I'm sorry that people have been making fun of you about it. :(

Anyway, one of my dearest Smiths/Morrissey memories dates from the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college. I was 19, and had just begun dating for the very first time in my life. I wasn't doing very well at it, to be frank. I had signed myself up to an online dating site, which probably was not the best thing for me to have done.

One day, I was particularly depressed about all of it, and I walked into the house, and my mother just happened to have VH1 Classic on. The video that was playing was a live version of Morrissey (by himself) singing "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out". I was completely entranced by it. It spoke to something within me. I may have cried, I don't remember.

The next day or so, I bought "Singles", by The Smiths, and listened to it almost nonstop for weeks.

Okay, so it's Morrissey related but not specifically about Morrissey, but one of my favourite Morrissey related stories is about the time Ian Hamilton was staying at some woman's house in the US, following Morrissey on tour, and he basically flooded her bathroom... I wont go into details, but that story makes me cry with laughter and I would never have heard it were it not for being a part of the wonderful world of Morrissey and making so many brilliant Moz chums... and that is my favourite thing about Moz - that he opened up a whole world of wonderful people for me, without even trying... or really caring!

I also love the video for "Tomorrow". It is one of my favourite songs because it is so upbeat, yet the lyrics are quite sad really, a perfect Morrissey pop song.

'Think' is supposed to be the opposite of 'frink', putting across some interlectual thought and discussion in which we discuss the mans art and what he means to you and what moments inparticular really touched you and made you be an undying fan as opposed to letching at Morrissey on another thread.

Anything goes.

THINK.
OF.
ANY.
MORRISSEY.
MOMENT.
WHICH.
IS.
PERSONAL.
TO .
YOU.

SIMPLE