Morrissey salary?

ksenalex

How much does a promoter pay morrissey for one live? Or how much money does he make from each live???

How much does a promoter pay morrissey for one live? Or how much money does he make from each live???

venues are about 2,000 capacity at 40-60 bucks a ticket so he draws 80,000-100,000 from ticket sales not including merchandise sales which is probably another 5,000 at best... my guess is he gets about 10 grand a show after all expenses.

Twenty bucks a night. :p

venues are about 2,000 capacity at 40-60 bucks a ticket so he draws 80,000-100,000 from ticket sales not including merchandise sales which is probably another 5,000 at best... my guess is he gets about 10 grand a show after all expenses.

40-60 bucks? It's more like 40-110. I'm sure he makes a bit more than 10,000 a night.

What about the band? I figure Boz makes the most after Moz, then Jesse, and then the rest of the guys.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but do touring musicians have to be in the any union?

Why are you sure? You may be right.

Because it is simple math. Look at it this way, after removing the Ticketmaster fee, the average ticket price on last couple US tours has roughly been $100 and he usually plays at least a 3,000 seat venue. So, on average, if he sells out he's clearing about $300,000 a night when he performs...then you have merchandise sales on top of that. Say he plays 30 dates on a single tour leg with those numbers, for a month's worth of work he has made a total of $9,000,000. Sure, he has to divvy up that nightly profit with the band, techs, roadies, give a cut to the promoter, pay for transportation, pay for hotel rooms and such...but he's making a Hell of a lot more than $10,000 a night.

I'd say, being generously low, Morrissey makes about $50,000 a gig and $1,500,000 a tour.

I posted his reported worth was $32 million a few months ago.

I wonder how much of his money he continues to hide under his mother and sister's names?

Not to mention royalties he gets for past work ... then whatever is made in various ways has to be split to various bad members and such, so it's hard to really tell what a weekly/monthly "salary" would be, just a net worth might be an easier overview of it. Either way he has more than me and therefore should give me some money.

Who f***ing cares?

Because it is simple math. Look at it this way, after removing the Ticketmaster fee, the average ticket price on last couple US tours has roughly been $100 and he usually plays at least a 3,000 seat venue. So, on average, if he sells out he's clearing about $300,000 a night when he performs...then you have merchandise sales on top of that. Say he plays 30 dates on a single tour leg with those numbers, for a month's worth of work he has made a total of $9,000,000. Sure, he has to divvy up that nightly profit with the band, techs, roadies, give a cut to the promoter, pay for transportation, pay for hotel rooms and such...but he's making a Hell of a lot more than $10,000 a night.

I'd say, being generously low, Morrissey makes about $50,000 a gig and $1,500,000 a tour.

I wonder how much of his money he continues to hide under his mother and sister's names?

I would say you are way off.

firstly the venue sizes you quote seem to be inflated. Some of them are certainly around the 3000 but i would think the average is much closer to 2000.

You haven't made any mention of venue hire, the cost of flights to the States for Morrissey, Boz and many of the crew. Factor in hotels (and Morrissey's own hotels are always at the top of the range), his 2 security guards, tour manager, tour catering, fees to the booking agency, crew, tour transportation etc - that's a big overhead base.

Also worth bearing in mind that the band/Morrissey were in New York rehearsing for a week before the tour started - that also has to be factored in.

I would say you are way off.

firstly the venue sizes you quote seem to be inflated. Some of them are certainly around the 3000 but i would think the average is much closer to 2000.

You haven't made any mention of venue hire, the cost of flights to the States for Morrissey, Boz and many of the crew. Factor in hotels (and Morrissey's own hotels are always at the top of the range), his 2 security guards, tour manager, tour catering, fees to the booking agency, crew, tour transportation etc - that's a big overhead base.

Also worth bearing in mind that the band/Morrissey were in New York rehearsing for a week before the tour started - that also has to be factored in.

And what about payments for the support act which needs included ? ,
Surley kristeen young must get paid a massive fee each nite aswell !

Ive just googled "how much is morrissey worth" and got the estimate of $32 million aswell !

And what about payments for the support act which needs included ? ,
Surley kristeen young must get paid a massive fee each nite aswell !

Ive just googled "how much is morrissey worth" and got the estimate of $32 million aswell !

Why are you so interested in Kristeen? Have you no taste beyond Morrissey world? Are you one of those people that tries to FB the whole band?

She didn't get paid that much for the last tour.Morrissey tested her-made her drive around get her own hotels etc.
This tour shes on more, not as much if a good support band was supporting-now you may see one of the reasons why Moz has her around (the other reasons are, he likes her and knows she doesn't stand a chance without him).
Dont feel sorry for Kristeen though, she isn't struggling what with living in a lush prime NY location with TV.

Why are you so interested in Kristeen? Have you no taste beyond Morrissey world? Are you one of those people that tries to FB the whole band?

She didn't get paid that much for the last tour.Morrissey tested her-made her drive around get her own hotels etc.
This tour shes on more, not as much if a good support band was supporting-now you may see one of the reasons why Moz has her around (the other reasons are, he likes her and knows she doesn't stand a chance without him).
Dont feel sorry for Kristeen though, she isn't struggling what with living in a lush prime NY location with TV.

I must be a flippin' aristocrat, I have a dvd player too! :)p Sorry, couldn't resist.)

In Manchester he recently played to around 14000 at around £50 a ticket so a nice little £700,000 for one nights work. I bet he made more than £10k that night!!

Back
Top Bottom