Morrissey lying down on the stage for extended periods...

Maybe I just live in Massachusetts. :rolleyes:

Maybe you're just a really dumb boy who writes like a super smart girl. :p

When did Morrissey start doing this regularly? There are of course iconic shots during the Kill Uncle tour where he's sprawled over the monitors. But was it with Meat Is Murder on the '99 tour (when he would form a triangle with his hands) that it became a conscious pose during a song? It obviously became a key part of Pigsty on the Ringleader tour.

Is it the way he would listen to records as a child, perhaps?

I don't recall Moz spending an extended amount of time lying down on the stage until the '99 tour with "Meat Is Murder". It seemed he started to lie down for a significant portion of a song ever since then. If MIM wasn't played, then he had a brief lie-down during HSIN or Pigsty. But I think in 2004 he was just curling up (but not looking like he was resting much) on the floor during Nov. Spawned a Mozster.

Personally, I think he does it to have a wee kip, being so old and lacking the stamina of yore. :p

As for a good stretch, I thought of that, too. I asked a friend who's a yoga instructor if she thought Moz was doing some kind of asana, and she merely commented that it seemed like a very primal experience for him lying there and feeling the vibrations of the music.

Moz-SF-2007-09-26.jpg

When YOR was leaked, I always thought "You Were Good in Your Time" could be the "lie down" number of the show: Not only is a slow-paced song, the weird Black-Eyed Susan-esque outro would allow him to take a rest while being consonant with the lyrical content ("lay back your head" etc.).

nice shot Mel, anyways, I think he has to rest because he gets tired due to his age
then he has trouble getting up after while, its at that point in the show I personally yell out: "You can do it!" and am always pleasantly surprised when he does so...

Does it bother anyone that it seems too rehearsed? It's always at the same time/song in each show. What is supposed to look spontaneous actually isn't. The 3 times I saw him in 2007, I knew when the laying down was coming... thought, yup...there he goes, get into position. I dunno if I'm really complaining. :o:crazy::p

Does it bother anyone that it seems too rehearsed? It's always at the same time/song in each show. What is supposed to look spontaneous actually isn't. The 3 times I saw him in 2007, I knew when the laying down was coming... thought, yup...there he goes, get into position. I dunno if I'm really complaining. :o:crazy::p

I agree Corrissey :( Morrissey has always said that he dosn't perform and yet to repeatedly do the same things at exactly the same time each concert seems like a performance to me. Having said that, I could watch these same 'performances' till the cows come home :lbf::thumb:

I remember seeing him do it during the chorus of Still Ill back in 83-84. Even though I was born in 86.:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom