Morrissey has left the building?? Pls Read!!

Harvtheblue

Hello lovely Mozzer people!
I have a quick question. I get the impression that Mozzer doesn't arrive at venues untill minutes before he plays and leaves pretty much before the band finishes. Has anyone ever mangaged to meet him before a gig? or doies he wait until everyone is inside? I'd love to get one of my vinyl LPs signed but can't be bother to loiter all afternoon if he's not going to be there. Any tips??

See you in Sheffield tonight - just so you all know apparently the Sheff Utd team will be touring the city to celebtrate their promotion between 5 and 7pm. They expect 15,000 peaople so it could be pretty mad before the gig for parking etc.

love Harv XXX:)

There was a similar post on the old board.
You'll be very lucky to get him to stop as he goes in, they'll arrive at the venue in the late afternoon.

Well it's possible to meet him... I know there were a handful of people at the gig I went to who got to talk to him and sign their records and stuff.

But I dunno... at that gig there were about 5000 people and more than half got there very late and I got the idea they weren't very interested in meeting him.
I guess it's different in England... espesh with 15.000 people there :\
but you could always try ;)

Don't know if you saw the post by the Bootle Bruise Boys (www.thereisalight.co.uk) but they caught him going into the venue when it was still light so must have been 5:30/6pm tops I would have thought (although there's no confirmation of this).

There is a pic of him coming in, hair looking a little in need of some gel!

mjp said:
Don't know if you saw the post by the Bootle Bruise Boys (www.thereisalight.co.uk) but they caught him going into the venue when it was still light so must have been 5:30/6pm tops I would have thought (although there's no confirmation of this).

There is a pic of him coming in, hair looking a little in need of some gel!

hmm definitly not 5.30pm :\
I think you forgot that in late april the suns tends to shine a bit longer than 6pm ;)
so.. it easily could be 7.30 or something...

triggerFit said:
hmm definitly not 5.30pm :\
I think you forgot that in late april the suns tends to shine a bit longer than 6pm ;)
so.. it easily could be 7.30 or something...

fair point - it be more logical for him to arrive nearer to "kick off" than I said anyway so i bow to your superior knowledge of British climate (all the way from the Netherlands ;) )!

Maybe he does this because he doesn't *want* to meet anyone.
He's a really, really shy person and I don't think he liked meeting crowds of fans outside every gig - it must get a bit tiring.

If I was me (and I am), I wouldn't bother him.

mjp said:
fair point - it be more logical for him to arrive nearer to "kick off" than I said anyway so i bow to your superior knowledge of British climate (all the way from the Netherlands ;) )!

hahah sorry I wasn't trying to sound like a wiseass! :p
of course I don't know all that much about British climate :\ hehe

Mada said:
Maybe he does this because he doesn't *want* to meet anyone.
He's a really, really shy person and I don't think he liked meeting crowds of fans outside every gig - it must get a bit tiring.

If I was me (and I am), I wouldn't bother him.

Totally agree - as for meeting him - yeah, agree also.

I was staying in the Hilton, Gateshead, on Sunday night and I was half hoping that's where he and the lads would be staying. As it is, all day I was saying "I hope I meet Boz, not Moz".

For a start what do you say that he hasn't heard before and secondly, I'm sure meeting him would be an anti-climax as I would feel I was bothering him too much.

Whereas with Boz et al I would imagine they would be up for a few beers and a chat.

triggerFit said:
hahah sorry I wasn't trying to sound like a wiseass! :p
of course I don't know all that much about British climate :\ hehe

who does? :)

"slate grey victorian skies"

mjp said:
For a start what do you say that he hasn't heard before and secondly, I'm sure meeting him would be an anti-climax as I would feel I was bothering him too much.

Ahh exactly! you can go all fangirl and giggle and say things like "you changed my life" and "i love everything you do", but for him it would probably just go in one ear and out the other, cause it's nothing new...

Back
Top Bottom