Morrissey Friends

... And yet some of us who really want a Morrissey-loving friend don't seem to be able to hook up with each other on here.

Why is that?

Last edited:
I would really like to meet people from this forum...
But most of you are not from my area...
And apart from that I'm a rather shy and decent person :o

Oh there are a couple of cool individuals from Copenhagen floating around somewhere. They'll pop up sooner or later.

(And Hey) :guitar:

all of my friends can't stand him, the same goes for my dad and younger brother. my mum likes him:) but im the only obsessive in the house, haha.

My Morrissey-friends 'grew out' of him after high school - so I'm pretty much alone now. Although my son recently outed his childcare worker as a Morrissey fan, so we have pretty cool discussions when I pick him up now. She said to me "I always know a person is nice if they like Morrissey".
I also recently met another person at a dinner who quite likes Moz and will speak/email in lyrics!
However, most of the time I feel alone in this inner Morrissey world and that is why it is nice to meet others here.

my husband and i adore him, it's wonderful to be with someone who can listen to his music all of the time. our kids love him too!!!:thumb:

Some of my friends like Morrissey and either way all of my friends can appreciate a good obsession :)

I've been in Copenhagen once. But maybe that doesn't count?

Hmm...maybe it would count if I also already had been in Stockholm...but I haven't ;)
We're at least both from Scandinavia, Stockholm is not on the other side of the world...7 hours by train from here, i think.
You can move to Malmö or Helsingborg, that would definetely count! :D ;)

nice story:)..did he see any concerts?

Hi SistaSheila,( and McRickson....),
I don't know if the Sweet and Tender Hooligan did actually go to any Morrissey gigs, but it was, at the time, a Strange and Slightly Dangerous place to work in at the time....if you didn't really "Fit in" with the "Normality" of Factory Life/Work....Thank God I never reallly Liked Boy George/Culture Club!!!....Now THAT would have been a serious hanging offence!!!
But, I Did also actually make a few friends there, due to my "Unusual" tastes in music,
( ...we used to all swap tapes to Listen to during Lonnnng Night shifts on our "Walkmans..."....).

Slightly "Off Morrissey" Topic, I once also invited a HUGE, BLACK, Male Semi -Pro Bodybuilder to Accompany me to an Alice Cooper Gig In Manchester, UK, because he liked the tapes I had loaned him of Alice..... He LOVED The show!!
( I also liked the " Ragga/Reggae/Rave tunes he let me listen to on Tapes at work.....).
The faces on some of the crowd at the AC show were Priceless to see!!
( Not Rude, or Nasty....just a bit "Shocked" at a HUGE Black Man at an Alice gig!!).

...As to anybody wishing to make "Morrissey" minded Friends......May I politely suggest , Why not Just Wear a Morrissey/Smiths T- shirt while going about your Daily Business!!
Like attracts Like .....etc...

I find "Flying My Colours" works well....even if people do not like the Artists Shirt you are wearing , at least it can usually leads to a "Discussion".......
Opens doors, and all that.....
best wishes,
Dave

Last edited:
Hmm...maybe it would count if I also already had been in Stockholm...but I haven't ;)
We're at least both from Scandinavia, Stockholm is not on the other side of the world...7 hours by train from here, i think.
You can move to Malmö or Helsingborg, that would definetely count! :D ;)

I've actually spent some time in Helsingborg, too bad I didn't find this site until now!
Well, better late than never I guess! :D

Hi SistaSheila,( and McRickson....),
I don't know if the Sweet and Tender Hooligan did actually go to any Morrissey gigs, but it was, at the time, a Strange and Slightly Dangerous place to work in at the time....if you didn't really "Fit in" with the "Normality" of Factory Life/Work....Thank God I never reallly Liked Boy George/Culture Club!!!....Now THAT would have been a serious hanging offence!!!
But, I Did also actually make a few friends there, due to my "Unusual" tastes in music,
( ...we used to all swap tapes to Listen to during Lonnnng Night shifts on our "Walkmans..."....).

ahh this was just a lovely limage the way your colleguage was dancing around in the factory...waving the car wire like flowers:p
Slightly "Off Morrissey" Topic, I once also invited a HUGE, BLACK, Male Semi -Pro Bodybuilder to Accompany me to an Alice Cooper Gig In Manchester, UK, because he liked the tapes I had loaned him of Alice..... He LOVED The show!!
( I also liked the " Ragga/Reggae/Rave tunes he let me listen to on Tapes at work.....).
The faces on some of the crowd at the AC show were Priceless to see!!
( Not Rude, or Nasty....just a bit "Shocked" at a HUGE Black Man at an Alice gig!!).

...As to anybody wishing to make "Morrissey" minded Friends......May I politely suggest , Why not Just Wear a Morrissey/Smiths T- shirt while going about your Daily Business!!
Like attracts Like .....etc...
I find "Flying My Colours" works well....even if people do not like the Artists Shirt you are wearing , at least it can usually leads to a "Discussion".......
Opens doors, and all that.....
best wishes,
Dave

i ve met two nice black moz fans(male) in a manchester store (empire exchange) they both went to the birthday gig and tried to get tixs for the 23th...wonder if they re online here as well? o prob lurking...

i looove empire exchange youzcould spend hours in there...and the records i bought there all went to morrissey in bremen.(was a spontanious descision to take them to the gig, i actually bough them for myself)
the owner already asked where i did coem from when i asked him sth..isnt my accent absolutely obvious,haha:lbf:

from flickr
v

Last edited:
My friend keeps making Smiths references ("It's not like the Queen is dead", "what a charming man" etc.), I doubt it's intentional, I'm just sad enough to pick up on such tiny things.

I don't think so. I want to be the biggest Morrissey-fan in my circle of friends. Of course, is always nice if they enjoy his music, but still, not as much as I do.

I think your friends' opinion about your musical taste matters only when you are very-very young.

Back
Top Bottom