Morrissey Diaries

purpleronnie

I have just watched The queen is dead under review dvd and Johnny rogan mentions the song 'had no-one ever' and he wondered if it was a literal tale of his...well you know. Anyway he said he worked out the exact date (I think jan 18th 1980) and then mentioned something about a diary and stated what morrissey had actually done that day.

So are there excerpts from morrisseys diary out there?

thanks.

I have just watched The queen is dead under review dvd and Johnny rogan mentions the song 'had no-one ever' and he wondered if it was a literal tale of his...well you know. Anyway he said he worked out the exact date (I think jan 18th 1980) and then mentioned something about a diary and stated what morrissey had actually done that day.

So are there excerpts from morrisseys diary out there?

thanks.

All I remember is that Rogan said that that particular entry revealed that young Steven watched a particular film that day and had a sore foot. A riveting day.

Johnny Rogan certainly made it sound like this (and other details) came from a diary written by Morrissey. However, I'm pretty sure that all of it comes from the letters Morrissey wrote to his Scottish penpal, Robert Mackie, who published the letters some time in the 1980s. You can find them in many places on the internet. One version is here.

Back
Top Bottom