More tears for the Brazilian than those murdered by the terrorist!!!!

H

Hoss

Did you all forget about the lives and families destroyed by these terrorist ?!!! All I hear about is this guy from Brazil.
What about everyone else just murdered ? Have you forgotten already ?
Your memories are as short as the Americans and their 911 !
You have no priorities
Pretend like it never happen and move on and do nothing.

Re: Not at all

It's just human nature to move on to the next injustice and lament the most recent loss of innocent lives. Only the cold hearted would say that they didn't feel upset about all the people that died as a result of terrorism, or those whose lives are lost to famine or natural disasters.
But just think of what we'd have to endure if we maintained our grief over every life lost under unnecessary circumstances; we'd never stop crying.
Yes, I cried when I saw people jump from the World Trade Centre, when I saw families pleading for news of their loved one's. I did the same a couple of weeks ago with the news of the dead and injured from London. I was just as upset to see the friends of Jean de Menezes speak on TV. I remember all of it, every time I switch the news on, read a newspaper or see it on the net.
But, what does it make me when I wake up in the morning and the first thing I think about is the person I fancy, then what CD I can put on, then what I'm having for breakfast, then what I have to do that day and then, what my friends are doing and whether we can go out and have a good time soon?
We don't pretend that terrible things never happen, we just aren't biologically programmed to think about anyone but ourselves 99% of the time.
The families, of course, will remember for longer and dwell on their personal losses.
There but for the grace of God. However, please don't think we don't care.

Back
Top Bottom