Mika

spmorrissey

Will Never Marry
Is it just me that loves his album on here? Spec - Any other world and Happy Ending

Is it just me that loves his album on here? Spec - Any other world and Happy Ending

If i were you i'd take cover right about now seeing as the music snobs around these parts won't stand for anything but very "serious " music.
I don't particularly like mika but i did like that Grace Kelly tune, it was a perfect 10/10 pop song plus he's kinda cute and a bit nerdy and as we all know , nerds rule.

Last edited:

He's too chirpy, poppy and generally 'nice' for my taste. He seems very clean cut, middle-class and his music reflects this. Most of it sounds like it was written as an application for an internship with Elton John - no depth musically or lyrically.

If i were you i'd take cover right about now seeing as the music snobs around these parts won't stand for anything but very "serious " music.
I don't particularly like mika but i did like that Grace Kelly tune, it was a perfect 10/10 pop song plus he's kinda cute and a bit nerdy and as we all know , nerds rule.

I don't consider myself a music "snob" and yes, I can appreciate music that isn't "serious." I was asked for my opinion and I gave it. I disagree that Grace Kelly is a perfect pop song. Yes, it is catchy, but it's fairly lightweight musically and after about 2 listens it just got very, very annoying. Doesn't help that EVERY radio station (maybe not Radio 4, but the others!) played it non-stop. The song and the artist have about as much depth and longevity as a puddle on a sunny day.

Coiff.

hey, I ain't no pop snob; my two fave bands are The Smiths and Abba and I've bought singles by Steps and S-Club 7 (only one of each!).

but I don't like this Mika fella. sounds like the ghastly Fred Mercury (intentionally so I think unless I misheard a lyric in Geoff Kelly). music largely for unpleasant show-offs.
the songs are catchy mind. stronger melodies than Moz sings these days so if you like Mika's voice, I imagine the album's pretty good...

Last edited:
I love especially "Big Girl":

Diet Coke and a pizza please
Diet Coke I'm on my knees
Screaming, "Big girl, you are beautiful!"

:D

Back
Top Bottom