Marr "I have a problem with a 50 year old singing adolescent pop music"

It's obvious that Marr would love the chance to reform, but he knows that Morrissey would never do it. He's practically admitted this before now. It is possible that Marr feels slightly bitter about this, deep down.

It's obvious that Marr would love the chance to reform, but he knows that Morrissey would never do it. He's practically admitted this before now. It is possible that Marr feels slightly bitter about this, deep down.

Marr — Made your bed, now put your head on that little pillow. I'll shovel the dirt.

I could be wrong, but after reading just this post and nothing more, I don't think Marr was referring to Morrissey. So, calm down, folks. I think it's just a coincidence on the 50 year thing. I don't see how anyone could consider Morrissey's music adolescent pop music.

Yep you could be wrong alright.

Marr is referring to Morrissey obviously. He doesn't want to reunite the Smiths because he feels that music was written when they were much younger for much younger fans. Marr is obviously getting quite tired of journalists and fans that can't let go of the Smiths and appreciate the band for what they were.

Marr has been asked way too many times and seeing as though Moz has just turned 50 he sees even less reason to resurrect the myths that was the Smiths. It's not a personal dig at Moz it's just stating a fact and I'd say the next journo that asks him about reuniting the Smiths will get a whack across the back of the head :D

He knows it's over.... shame others haven't caught on. :crazy:

I remember that Morrissey was ignored at mid-90's and a lot of times he as attacked by Oasism foe example. I'll be honest, when I did my analysis I didn't consider this fact.
Maybe, like I can have both", "Heir appparent" is so ambiguous. Why wouldn't Moz make a song with several meaning?

I hope I was not rude with you.
What I have said it's just my opinion.

Best wishes.

You weren't rude, no worries. In all honesty, I thought I was the last one who came to the conclusion about "Heir Apparent." I was embarrassed to bring it up! I never realized that there wasn't a general consensus around its meaning.

The funny thing is (to me anyway), I listened to that song for years before one day hearing it (while singing along in the shower) and it was like "BAM!" the whole song made perfect sense. I apologize for that bit of mental imagery but at some level it must be comforting for you all to know I bath.:)

Back
Top Bottom