Low in High-School?

Your Arsenal everyone thought he was a fan of the football club so once again he is as always playing with words. Your arse and all style.

Low in High School sort of means you're not doing as well as you should be, doesn't it? And possibly you are depressed at the same time.

Low in High School sort of means you're not doing as well as you should be, doesn't it? And possibly you are depressed at the same time.

I'd say it was more about judgement. Whenever I see something described as being like high school, for example someone saying this work environment is like high school, it's usually about childish judgements. To be low in high school to me suggests feeling low as a result of the childish judgements of others in an environment you can't easily escape. Or to be unpopular in an childish judgement all environment you can't easily escape

Maybe it's an attempt to get a EMO crowd going again to create a new market and you find those in high school. So once again we will see a repeat of history when some fat dude not looking good in make up prints his own "cry Emo cry" shirt and then it starts over again and again.

Groundhog day!

Stop your urinalysis. It's just plain embarrassing. Seriously.

I'm very curious to see what we get - but was not expecting it to be literally about High School - but, we'll see.

Well big said this

"Morrissey’s talent for combining political statements and melodies is more prevalent than ever on Low in High-School, capturing the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world,”

So I'm guessing more songs in the vein of world peace subject wise with maybe an exception or two which would make sense given that's where his headspace seems to be these days

Well big said this

"Morrissey’s talent for combining political statements and melodies is more prevalent than ever on Low in High-School, capturing the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world,”

So I'm guessing more songs in the vein of world peace subject wise with maybe an exception or two which would make sense given that's where his headspace seems to be these days

That should be bmg as stated in the guardian article. I'm not paying enough attention as usual

Could it not be about being low in some High-School of any kind?
School is about learning.
High-School of Life? Of learning? Of living or anyother all implying word to Life?
It could be tragic, dramatic, but funny too as in a way many Moz songs are.
It could be about himself but he might also be projecting and empathize with a certain other person. Or persons.
I always assumed many of his songs didn't have to be exclusively about himself but trying to get in the inner world of other people and to express that. As an artistic goal.
Don't know why we can't speculate here as long as it is just that. :confused:

Could it not be about being low in some High-School of any kind?
School is about learning.
High-School of Life? Of learning? Of living or anyother all implying word to Life?
It could be tragic, dramatic, but funny too as in a way many Moz songs are.
It could be about himself but he might also be projecting and empathize with a certain other person. Or persons.
I always assumed many of his songs didn't have to be exclusively about himself but trying to get in the inner world of other people and to express them. As in an artistic goal.
Don't know why we can't speculate here as long as it is just that. :confused:

In Sweden white trash criminals tend to add LHS online which means "Livets Hårda Skola" instead of what schools they went to. If you translate it as it is it means the tough school of life which stands for life lessons learned living a thug life.

I only know two singers that write lyrics that keep people guessing and they are Morrissey and Jocke Berg of KENT. The ability to write in that way is a gift.

All you foreigners are just upset because he used a classic American term like "high school". When will you people wake up. Steve is as American as apple pie, baseball, and roastin' marshmallows on the beach.

I reckon isn't everyone in Sweden considered white trash? Like all the hicks in the South of the USA, and the Midwest that are descendants of Swedish immigrants who have last names like Olafson and Grugenson?

All you foreigners are just upset because he used a classic American term like "high school". When will you people wake up. Steve is as American as apple pie, baseball, and roastin' marshmallows on the beach.

I reckon isn't everyone in Sweden considered white trash? Like all the hicks in the South of the USA, and the Midwest that are descendants of Swedish immigrants who have last names like Olafson and Grugenson?

Most definitely and they are the reason you have corn for dinner or dinner at all.

Vicki Gunvalson is not to be forgotten here.

rhoc-905-06.gif

When we marry that will be our new family name.

In Sweden white trash criminals tend to add LHS online which means "Livets Hårda Skola" instead of what schools they went to. If you translate it as it is it means the tough school of life which stands for life lessons learned living a thug life.

I only know two singers that write lyrics that keep people guessing and they are Morrissey and Jocke Berg of KENT. The ability to write in that way is a gift.

School of hard knocks probably sums it up better for those americans in NY caps busy with their BBQ and shit.

But if all americans except for the natives are foreigners where does that leave you?

Dancing around some pole all by yourself?

Someone never realised USA is the new world not the old so it would be pretty damn hard to have become a foreigner by moving from USA so maybe the foreigners are in the United States which are not that united anymore?

I think what irks me, is that many of us graduate high school, and don't ever really think of it again. I know I had precisely zero interest in attending any of my reunions. I kept the ones I wanted to, and left the rest behind. So when a man of nearly 60 announces an album with a title so silly, it makes me roll my eyes. I rolled my eyes over Staircase as well, and the attempt at writing from a college aged girl's perspective.

It's kind of the same feeling I got when I caught Alice Cooper on television a few months back and he was singing "I'm 18 and I like it."
No, sorry, friend. You're much closer to the grave than 18.
It would be cheesy if Alice Cooper changed the title of the song every year and as long as he still likes to sing it it's fine. He had his ups and downs and I don't like all stages of his career but he can still perform and that's one of the songs his fans want to hear. I think he has always been about taking on another character while performing anyway and on a good night he probably is eighteen and so is the audience.

Back
Top Bottom