London - Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show fight thread

So you get an absolute horror like The War Of The World's where some idiot decided that a story about an alien colonization of England needed lines about how it's Just Like The British Empire. Nearly cringed to death for the poor writer.
Except of course, 'the poor writer' intended the novel to be, amongst other things, a commentary on Victorian British imperial ambitions and the deleterious effects that had on millions of people around the world.

You don't see many black people. You must live in a pretty isolated village somewhere but in most cities in the uk mixed Asian/White couples are fairly common and every time I leave the house I see black people, on buses in shops everywhere. I also have 2 close friends who are in mixed Asian/White marriages. I also work with large numbers of Asian professional workers and many have married white partners.

So, just like I said, YMMV...and clearly it does. Where I live what I said is true.

His name by the way is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. He is a criminal with a long history of crimes including violent abuse against his opposition and his girlfriends and mortgage fraud and trying to get into countries with fake passports.

Is that the man you trust?

He bangs on constantly about child abuse but only perpetrated by Pakistanis and not the abuse by anyone else such as the Catholic Church. He refuses to recognise that several of his close followers have child abuse criminal records.

Any relation to Celtic manager Neil Yaxley Lennon?

So, just like I said, YMMV...and clearly it does. Where I live what I said is true.
That's your reality, @Mozmar. Others have a different one. That's life. I'd hate to be like some who live in a time capsule, instead of the present day. How boring must it be looking over your shoulder all the time. Honestly. They must have serious cricks in their neck. Oh well. I guess they need someone designated "The Other" to give them a sense of comfort.

That's your reality, @Mozmar. Others have a different one. That's life. I'd hate to be like some who live in a time capsule, instead of the present day. How boring must it be looking over your shoulder all the time. Honestly. They must have serious cricks in their neck. Oh well. I guess they need someone designated "The Other" to give them a sense of comfort.

Lawrence, I think you're reading, or trying to read, things which aren't there.
In my professional life I see people of all colours, I have no problem working with them at all.
In my private life, I don't see people of colour where I live, which could be for many reasons, one of which isn't that it's a personal choice I've deliberately made.
In my friendship group, there are not any people of colour, nor mixed-race couples.

If you're referring to me directly in your above comment, no, I don't live in a 'time capsule' at all, do not have a 'boring' life, & have no reason to be looking over my shoulder 'all the time'. Not sure just what you're suggesting I, or anyone, should be on the look out for, but it's simply not the case.

I think you're verging on hysteria, but that's your problem, not mine. I'm not a social worker. This is my final post on the subject, one which you seem overly eager to try & draw me into further.
You won't.
End.

In my professional life I see people of all colours, I have no problem working with them at all.
In my private life, I don't see people of colour where I live, which could be for many reasons, one of which isn't that it's a personal choice I've deliberately made.
In my friendship group, there are not any people of colour, nor mixed-race couples.

If you're referring to me directly in your above comment, no, I don't live in a 'time capsule' at all, do not have a 'boring' life, & have no reason to be looking over my shoulder 'all the time'. Not sure just what you're suggesting I, or anyone, should be on the look out for, but it's simply not the case.

I think you're verging on hysteria, but that's your problem, not mine. I'm not a social worker. This is my final post on the subject, one which you seem overly eager to try & draw me into further.
You won't.
End.

@Mozmar, sorry to disappoint, but I wasn’t referring to you. I was merely pointing out those I come across on FB pages who make outlandish comments, only to do the dirty delete and block when challenged and made to clarify their opinions. Such is their mindset, it’s what they do. You made your comments. You created the situation that created the discussion that ensued, and nobody else.
Not that it’ll bother you, but you really aren’t the Earth’s axis. Not everything revolves around you. It does need saying.

Have an interesting day.

Last edited:
I didn't say 'every'...I said 'virtually every', and it's increasing. It's not something I'm monitoring but it's something I've simply noticed. I don't have a problem with MR relationships either, which I also stated.
So if you're on a high-horse, I suggest you dismount.
Ph-wooooar!!!! Check out the barely coded passive aggression on that!!!!!

You won't.
End.
Coo-ooooooor! Well tasty fits of pique well done there! Cooooooooooooor!!!!

Yes I am rejecting the stats. Have you not seen the Tory’s new immigration policy? They are even rejecting entry to orphaned Muslim children and throwing out Windrush residents.

This is scaremongering and I don’t fear living in a society where there are more Muslims or and multi cultural category. The uk has been multicultured for centuries and I don’t see it as being a problem.

What I do see as a problem is the minority of hate filled scaremongers with your views and would happily see those people replaced any day with people who need a new home here.

And supposing you're wrong....because you could be, since this is the future. What about then? Are you going to say "oh, that racist was right....silly me, I thought he was insane".

His name by the way is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. He is a criminal with a long history of crimes including violent abuse against his opposition and his girlfriends and mortgage fraud and trying to get into countries with fake passports.

He bangs on constantly about child abuse but only perpetrated by Pakistanis and not the abuse by anyone else such as the Catholic Church. He refuses to recognise that several of his close followers have child abuse criminal records.

I don't see him as this awful person. He's a bit dodgy but so are most politicians. He's not Hitler. I wouldn't trust him with my cash, lets put it that way.

Also as for period dramas portraying non whites. Well for so long films and dramas have not portrayed non whites in key roles and have often been portrayed in stereotypical roles.

Non whites did exist in the UK during the times of most period dramas so undoubtedly should be portrayed.

We live in a multicultural society and this is acting. Do we question when a gay actor portrays an historical character who wasn't gay? Why shouldn't a back person portray an historical white person?

It has been the reverse for a long time. When we look at biblical epics etc and any portrayal of historic christian stories for so long they portrayed this white aryan image of Jesus being milk white and blue eyes. God is portrayed has always been a white figure. Major hollywood biblical epics always portrayed Jesus like this and old testament epics had a complete emptiness of black or dark skinned actors.

In reality it is more likely that Jesus was dark skinned or actually black since the alleged connection was to the family of King Solomon's descendants and he had a black wife as portrayed in the bible. A lot of Israelites at that time had migrated from Egypt and milk white skin would have been rare.

This isn't a new thing. But at the end of the day is the point of a tv drama to accurately depict characters according to appearance, skin colour, facial hair, hair colour, height? I don't think they are important to the dramatic role being portrayed.

Jeez, you went full on libtard. You are basically Happy Jack.....you went full retard.

You don't see many black people. You must live in a pretty isolated village somewhere but in most cities in the uk mixed Asian/White couples are fairly common and every time I leave the house I see black people, on buses in shops everywhere. I also have 2 close friends who are in mixed Asian/White marriages. I also work with large numbers of Asian professional workers and many have married white partners.

As I said I don't think brands are creating fake realities. They don't talk to each other and there is no limit on what brands portray. If one brand portrays a mixed relationship that would be representitive. There is nothing stopping multiple brands portraying the same thing coincidentally rather than some attempt to produce fake realities.

What are you on about? Most mixed relationships in this country are between black men and white women....there are hardly any mixed relationships between white men and Asian women.

430,000 Muslims fought in the 1st world war.

The Muslims in the armed forces has risen by 40% since 2007.

You should do a bit more research before making statements

That 40% is bogus because I have done research and you and I both know that still makes the total of minorities in the armed forces miniscule. You do realize the grand Mufti had close ties with Hitler during WW2 and that Muslims fought for Hitler right?

I see that Wratten was peddling his shite on Saturday, supported by his puppets Dan Birch and the drab Deb Wilts. Uncle Skinny was right about you Wratten, you are indeed a malign creature along with your pathetic brainwashed blue rose creatures. Please, just fcuk off. That rat is back, indeed.

I don't see him as this awful person. He's a bit dodgy but so are most politicians. He's not Hitler. I wouldn't trust him with my cash, lets put it that way.

Tommy's a low-cunning chancer.

He did some accidental good though by keeping Anjem Chaudary on the radar because everyone thought Anjem was an attention-seeking joke & he turned out to be the UK's biggest terrorist recruiter.

And supposing you're wrong....because you could be, since this is the future. What about then? Are you going to say "oh, that racist was right....silly me, I thought he was insane".

No it won't bother me. I would be quite happy at the UK being the most diverse country by 2050. I would celebrate that. I have nothing to fear from living in a multicultural society. It benefits society and who really wants to live in a country surrounded by only white people who believe culture is only football and Thomas Hardy.

I am well travelled and have lived as an immigrant in many countries all over the world and feel lucky that I have experienced those cultures and that I live in a country that is diverse.

What is it you really are scared of?

No it won't bother me. I would be quite happy at the UK being the most diverse country by 2050. I would celebrate that. I have nothing to fear from living in a multicultural society. It benefits society and who really wants to live in a country surrounded by only white people who believe culture is only football and Thomas Hardy.

I am well travelled and have lived as an immigrant in many countries all over the world and feel lucky that I have experienced those cultures and that I live in a country that is diverse.

What is it you really are scared of?

You have nothing to fear? Except high crime rates, lack of social cohesion and a completely different culture. You have no problem with whitey probably being pushed to the bottom of the social and economic ladder because that's what would happen. Your offspring's future potential would be limited. We would be creating a modern-day South Africa, where whites are at the bottom of the economic ladder. They already have white squatter homeless camps and are often persecuted and murdered. Sounds wonderful. What countries did you live in? Imagine telling a middle-eastern or African country they had to be diverse? Imagine telling Cambodia or Vietnam or China they had to be diverse to be successful and that millions of blacks would culturally enrich their country. You would be laughed at and ridiculed.

What are you on about? Most mixed relationships in this country are between black men and white women....there are hardly any mixed relationships between white men and Asian women.

I have two very close friends who are in a marriage with a white man and an Asian woman and also work with Asian men who are in relationships with White women.

My best friend is married to a Pakistani woman. I have another very close friend who is married to someone originally from Burma and they have been married for 25 years and am close friends to them both because I met them both when they were single. I am going to a stag night next month for another asian friend who is marrying a white woman.

For me alone to have 3 close friends who are in mixed asian/white marriages gives some indication of the statistic you claim doesn't exist.

Latest stats on interracial marriages list White-Asian marriages as comprising 8% of all marriages.

Not sure where you get your facts for your statements.

Back
Top Bottom