Life is golden

Mmm, urban decay :blushing: took me a bit to guess where it was, then is saw some Cyrillic and knew where it must be, pretty recent video too, you can see the new “coffin” they’ve replaced the original Soviet attempts to keep the radiation in. This one is supposed to last centuries before it degrades to dangerous levels, we shall see. Oh yeah, good song too :thumb:

great song. I wonder why they chose this setting?

Uhh, cuz it’s awesome and it’s sort of like a foreshadowing of the future of humanity, we’ll kill ourselves off eventually and the planet will just keep humming along, I mean, it’s got the time :cool:
I agree it's awesome (I always wanted to go to Chernobyl, not just because of Chernobyl itself but because I find 80's era eastern Europe really fascinating), but I just dont get what it has to do with the song.

I like the idea of living in a post-apocolyptic world where there are signs of human existence everywhere, but not a soul around. The feeling of being at the tail end of a party when all the guests have left. I'd perhaps like to bump into the odd soul, say once a month.

I like the idea of living in a post-apocolyptic world where there are signs of human existence everywhere, but not a soul around. The feeling of being at the tail end of a party when all the guests have left. I'd perhaps like to bump into the odd soul, say once a month.
imagine being able to rummage through all the shops and just take whatever you like! and having your pic of houses to live in, and then just being able to move onto another one when something invariably goes wrong, like the washing machine breaks or the bathtub drain gets clogged. that'd be the life.

imagine being able to rummage through all the shops and just take whatever you like! and having your pic of houses to live in, and then just being able to move onto another one when something invariably goes wrong, like the washing machine breaks or the bathtub drain gets clogged. that'd be the life.
Heaven! I've never been comfortable around people but being somewhere where they once existed would be enpugh for me. I like people, just not when they're around.

Heaven! I've never been comfortable around people but being somewhere where they once existed would be enpugh for me. I like people, just not when they're around.
me toooooooooooooooo. I like people best in contemplation of them, their actual physical presence is not necessary and often just gets in the way. whenever ive had a friend that I liked a lot my fondest wish was that they would move away so that I could cherish the idea of them without actually ever having to do anything with them.

great song. I wonder why they chose this setting?

According to the director of the video:

“It's not about the tragedy of the disaster that happened all those years ago - it's about the unstoppable force of life that's consumed the desolate landscape left behind by humans. It seemed wonderfully apt to set the song to cracked concrete, all conquered by towering golden trees."

Plus Brett’s always had an obsession to “find beauty in the ugliness and horror that’s everywhere”... And they’ve been singing about “nuclear skies” and “nuclear nights” and “the steel that shines outside the blinds” ... it’s a bit of a recurring theme in his lyrics.

According to the director of the video:

“It's not about the tragedy of the disaster that happened all those years ago - it's about the unstoppable force of life that's consumed the desolate landscape left behind by humans. It seemed wonderfully apt to set the song to cracked concrete, all conquered by towering golden trees."

Plus Brett’s always had an obsession to “find beauty in the ugliness and horror that’s everywhere”... And they’ve been singing about “nuclear skies” and “nuclear nights” and “the steel that shines outside the blinds” ... it’s a bit of a recurring theme in his lyrics.
thanks. i love that. very poetic.

me toooooooooooooooo. I like people best in contemplation of them, their actual physical presence is not necessary and often just gets in the way. whenever ive had a friend that I liked a lot my fondest wish was that they would move away so that I could cherish the idea of them without actually ever having to do anything with them.
I've also found that when I've had a mad crush on someone, it's best to force myself to get to know them. That usually puts out the flame! Some straight men can't bear it when you have a crush on them, but what's funnier, is they can't bear it when you stop having a crush on them, either.

I've also found that when I've had a mad crush on someone, it's best to force myself to get to know them. That usually puts out the flame! Some straight men can't bear it when you have a crush on them, but what's funnier, is they can't bear it when you stop having a crush on them, either.

My experience with straight men is that they are great at gay sex! :lbf:

My experience with straight men is that they are great at gay sex! :lbf:
I've only had experience of a couple of straight men. The first one wouldn't stop talking about how he was missing his girlfriend while she was away. The other one had lovely curly hair and looked like Chris Martin which is good. How things have changed. He had no qualms about giving me an affectionate hug when I bumped into him in the place we used to drink in. I was being all secretive on order not to dent his ego and it turned out everyone knew anyway. It's a different world these days and I can't believe it's become so relaxed in such a short space of time.

Wow. Gorgeous song. You know it’s just going to build and build, to the point you almost wish there was no bridge to get in the way.

So good to see the Croydon regeneration money finally being spent too.

Wow. Gorgeous song. You know it’s just going to build and build, to the point you almost wish there was no bridge to get in the way.

So good to see the Croydon regeneration money finally being spent too.
Actually, I think I liked the bridge best of all. It pulled it back from toppling over on to itself with overblown-ness (I know that sounds rubbish but I can't think of how else to put it).

Actually, I think I liked the bridge best of all. It pulled it back from toppling over on to itself with overblown-ness (I know that sounds rubbish but I can't think of how else to put it).

I wanted it to topple over. Embrace* used to do the chuck in the kitchen sink stuff (to varying degrees of success) and I’d have liked this to go completely mad too.

Despite that it’s truly lovely.

* I got a very, very aggressive and rude email from Embrace’s bass player once for eBaying a Cud CD he had played on. It was the “famous” “unreleased” Donkey With A Fez On album which I had bought years earlier from Gabriel Tonka, the online pseudonym of Carl from Cud.

“Oh, that’s ok then.” said Billy Bass.

“It’ll have to be, old stick.” said Johnny.

Cheeky bugger.

I wanted it to topple over. Embrace* used to do the chuck in the kitchen sink stuff (to varying degrees of success) and I’d have liked this to go completely mad too.

Despite that it’s truly lovely.

* I got a very, very aggressive and rude email from Embrace’s bass player once for eBaying a Cud CD he had played on. It was the “famous” “unreleased” Donkey With A Fez On album which I had bought years earlier from Gabriel Tonka, the online pseudonym of Carl from Cud.

“Oh, that’s ok then.” said Billy Bass.

“It’ll have to be, old stick.” said Johnny.

Cheeky bugger.
Unfortunately I don't know who any of those people or bands are, but I think I get the idea :lbf: Cheeky indeed.

Back
Top Bottom