killers

swiss

I noticed that the Killers are playing a one off date in Blackpool next week. Now I like the Killers but have you seen the price of tickets on ebay. Bidding is as high as £300 for 2 tickets with a face value of around £20. There is still some time to go too. Have people gone mad or are the killers that good? Would you pay that to see Moz?

HOW MUCH?????????????? I did hear about it this morning, but personally, I really don't get all the fuss about The Killers. I think all the tickets were gone in ten minutes or something, but even so, I'm sure they'll be giving them away in competitions.
For Morrissey, well... I did consider it this year, actually. I ballsed up really badly and didn't get tickets for the Palladium, so I did look on Ebay, but the prices were stupid. I might have paid up to £100, but some were going for £1000. Instead, I got tickets for Leeds, stayed with my mum in Bradford, and got my brother to drive me to the gig!!! It actually worked out better because I got to see him before he went to London at a standing gig in a smaller venue. Having said that, if I thought it was going to be the last time I ever got to see him, I might pay £200.

i love the killers personally, they are heavilly smiths influenced, and remind me of the eighties. mr brightside is a fantastic tune- my favourite of the century so far anyway..!

the gig in blackpool was in conjunction with radio one, i think, and there were only 3000 tickets available, i think theyre selling it as an 'up close and personal' so whipped up a massive hype.
i BELIEVE the hype! unfortunately i'll miss it as im on me hols but id probably go up to about £50 off of ebay.

I also enjoy the Killers 80s sound. Not very original, but it is still good. I just don't like them enough to buy that over priced ticket.

one pair went for £5100!!!
and two others for over £1000!

but i got mine at cost yay!!

cant wait its gonna be soooo good!

It's just stupid to pay over the odds cause you know they'll be doing the full UK tour in a few months once the album comes out! :rolleyes:

Shauna

shebangsthedrums said:
i love the killers personally, they are heavilly smiths influenced, and remind me of the eighties. mr brightside is a fantastic tune- my favourite of the century so far anyway..! QUOTE]

i quite like the killers but almost avoided them completely because of "mr. brightside". couldn't stand it as a single. then i heard the album and was blown away by how melodic and enjoyable it was. "mr. brightside" works well in the context of the album, though my fave is either "believe me natalie" or "change your mind".

not breaking any new ground by any means, but totally enjoyable and WAAAAAY better than the bravery any day.

Yes, I admit that Mr Brightside was horrible as well.
But I have to admit also: their new single 'when you were young' is great!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it on the radio... I thought the Killers were something like Keane y'know, prejudices!

Back
Top Bottom