Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar - what ifs

Kill Uncle and Southpaw are great albums... the real stinkers are "Low In High School" and "I Am Not A Dog On A Chain", no re-ordering of tracks can make those better. Makes me so sad to listen to them...

Kill Uncle and Southpaw are great albums... the real stinkers are "Low In High School" and "I Am Not A Dog On A Chain", no re-ordering of tracks can make those better. Makes me so sad to listen to them...
IANADOAC is pretty good.

Maybe you could make something better yourself instead of just sitting there in your comfortable chair and judge others?

Maybe you could make something better yourself instead of just sitting there in your comfortable chair and judge others?
See, I’ve never understood this. Are we just allowed to express criticism if we’re able to do the exact same thing ourselves? If a doctor makes a serious mistake when treating your mother, is he then allowed to sit with his arms crossed and go “I’d like to see you remove a brain tumor!”?

See, I’ve never understood this. Are we just allowed to express criticism if we’re able to do the exact same thing ourselves? If a doctor makes a serious mistake when treating your mother, is he then allowed to sit with his arms crossed and go “I’d like to see you remove a brain tumor!”?
I don't think so, but it's extremely tiresome to read and listen to these people who just criticize and think that the world wants to hear or read their opinions. It's not very constructive or contributing with interesting views. It's just sitting there and be like a picky old smelly aunt or something. Art-Hounds goes a bit into this: ...and those that do are judged by those who tried and found they couldn't do: The pitiless revenge of those without friends, pitiless, the pitiless revenge... You're allowed to do what the hell you want, but it's extremely boring, even if they think they're very important and contribute so much to society with their predictable criticism that the world should know about...

I don't think so, but it's extremely tiresome to read and listen to these people who just criticize and think that the world wants to hear or read their opinions. It's not very constructive or contributing with interesting views. It's just sitting there and be like a picky old smelly aunt or something. Art-Hounds goes a bit into this: ...and those that do are judged by those who tried and found they couldn't do: The pitiless revenge of those without friends, pitiless, the pitiless revenge... You're allowed to do what the hell you want, but it's extremely boring, even if they think they're very important and contribute so much to society with their predictable criticism that the world should know about...
But this is a discussion forum. Here we discuss Morrissey and our thoughts on him and his art with likeminded individuals. That’s it. It’s not about contributing to society (hopefully we succeed in doing that elsewhere).

I just don’t understand people coming to a discussion forum and complain about criticism being expressed. Especially when the argument is “I’d like to see you try!”

I for one am very glad that all opinions on Morrissey are valid and allowed here.

But this is a discussion forum. Here we discuss Morrissey and our thoughts on him and his art with likeminded individuals. That’s it. It’s not about contributing to society (hopefully we succeed in doing that elsewhere).

I just don’t understand people coming to a discussion forum and complain about criticism being expressed. Especially when the argument is “I’d like to see you try!”

I for one am very glad that all opinions on Morrissey are valid and allowed here.
Yeah exactly discussion forum, so try to bring something to the table for us to discuss then. Like explain why you think Low In High School is so horrible, or bring forward some arguments or points to discuss as on why you think I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a bad album. Then we can exchange in free speech and have an enlightened conversation.

Yeah exactly discussion forum, so try to bring something to the table for us to discuss then. Like explain why you think Low In High School is so horrible, or bring forward some arguments or points to discuss as on why you think I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a bad album. Then we can exchange in free speech and have an enlightened conversation.
I think you should be allowed to simply express an opinion if that’s what you want at the time. He/she also said he liked KU and SG without telling us why, and I’m fine with that too. Besides, this isn’t an album thread, and if it was I am sure the poster would be happy to elaborate.

Tags
kill uncle morrissey southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom