Kevin Cummins lecture at Leeds College of Art 27 Jan

Last minute, I know but I've only just found out myself, they haven't told the students because there's free food.
If you fancy going, here's the e-mail ...
'Kevin Cummins
Joy Division, The Smiths and Beyond

As NME's chief photographer for much of the '80s and '90s, Kevin Cummins became synonymous with the 'Madchester' era

He is the author of the acclaimed book of Joy Division photographs and ’The Smiths and Beyond’ which captures one of the great British bands of the 80s who brought poetry, miserablism, celibacy chic and gladioli waving to a grey post-punk music scene. Last year his collected works were published in 'Manchester: Looking For The Light Through The Pouring Rain'.

Through a long association with The Hacienda club; dubbed ‘the greatest night club in the world’, his subjects include U2, David Bowie, The Clash, Sex Pistols, R.E.M., Patti Smith, Marc Bolan, Mick Jagger, Roisin Murphy, Oasis, Foo Fighters, Courtney Love, Michael Hutchence and the Stone Roses.

Kevin is lively and provocative speaker whose work reflects the mood of a generation.

This event is free to creative, digital, and cultural industry professionals. If you would like to join us, please contact
Creative Networks on 01422 399444 or e-mail [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Thursday 27th January 2011

18.00 - 19.00 Hot food and registration
19.00 - 19.30 Welcome and opening pitches
19.30 - 20.30 Kevin Cummins
20.30 till late Networking in the Mosaic Bar

Leeds College of Art
Blenheim Walk
Leeds LS2 9AQ'

Back
Top Bottom