Joyce responds to Morrissey

• Thread starter The Seeker of Good Songs
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Good Songs

I hadn't seen this news before. A slight response but a reaction none the less.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/morrissey%20denied%20smiths%20royalties

MORRISSEY DENIED SMITHS ROYALTIES

British rocker MORRISSEY claims his former THE SMITHS bandmate MIKE JOYCE has robbed him of over $2.7 million (GBP1.5 million) in album royalties.

The 46-year-old singer, whose much publicised legal battle with drummer Joyce began after the band split in 1987, insists he no longer receives a penny from the band's still lucrative album sales, while Joyce gets 25 per cent.

Morrissey says, "When the public buy a Smiths CD in the UK the royalties go to Joyce and have done so since 2001.

"In legal fees alone, Joyce has cost me GBP600,000. This is quite apart from any payments made to him and is quite apart from any money seized by him.

"In total Joyce has cost me GBP1,515,000. This is an approximate figure - it could be higher.

"Joyce is not poor for one reason - me."

Joyce responds, "Obviously I've seen what he's said. I've contacted my solicitor with a view to making a statement which will be released in due course."

(I wonder if his soliciter told him to take down his auction?)

It's the neverending stoooorryyy...ahhh ah ahhh ah ah ahhh

Someone else posted that a few days ago. Perhaps his solicitor told him to keep schtumm?

Back
Top Bottom