johnny rogans new book

Well, just finished the book, and I thought it was lightweight, really lightweight. Some of his interpretations are so obviously badly wrong; he misses out information that most of us on here would know; he skims over songs that deserve greater analysis; the early part of the book is lifted from his earlier books with no changes, as far as I can see. In summary, most people here could do a better job than Rogan's book. My advice - don't waste your money.

Peter

Well, just finished the book, and I thought it was lightweight, really lightweight. Some of his interpretations are so obviously badly wrong; he misses out information that most of us on here would know; he skims over songs that deserve greater analysis; the early part of the book is lifted from his earlier books with no changes, as far as I can see. In summary, most people here could do a better job than Rogan's book. My advice - don't waste your money.

Peter

I had a feeling it would turn out like that. A lot of these old school writers were good before the internet was around, but in this day and age they have to raise their game if they want to give fans something they didn't expect.

How about one example of a wonky interpretation? Just to see what we're dealing with.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom