johnny rogans new book

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
anywhere know where to get it? No mention on amazon

It's here...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morissey-Albums-Johnny-Rogan/dp/0952954052/sr=1-1/qid=1157573641/ref=sr_1_1/202-9009758-8413467?ie=UTF8&s=books

Spelled incorrectly, the berks. I ordered it in conjunction with the new Marr book, as it was suggested. The Marr book isn't out for a while, but the Rogan one is, so I expect it'll pop through the door sometime soon.

By the way, talking of mis-spellings, have you heard of www.goofbay.com? Morrissey is a name that is frequently mis-spelled, and bargains can be found from those mistakes. I have a friend who has picked up several P.G. Wodehouse first editions via Goofbay, because people neglect their spelling, and frequently great lots can be found with no bids at all.

Peter

EDIT - I've just submitted the correction to Amazon.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Johnny says 'thanks' Peter.

smiths7.jpg

you can also order it from this site http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0409520/details.html

someone I know on another forum has already bought it and read it, because it could have been ordered from that site much before it became available on amazon. I still ordered it from amazon, because I have an account and some open orders there.

I didn't know there was a Marr book?

has anyone read it yet?

is it worth getting?

anything new in it?

The people at shot were most thankful for that photograph dallow. ;)

And surely that Marr + Rourke photo is far to be to be sig pic? It distorts the frame of the thread.

Where are the damn moderators when needed, eh?

i bought it. i read it. it's dull. don't buy it. but you will and regret it.

It's Andy, not Boz. It's from a Smiths boot, part of a set of photo stills taken while on tour.

I know this, m'dear!
It was just a feeble attempt at humor, since boz and andy had the same haircut in the early 80s, and boz would never have been around johnny around then...

I've now finished it. The end seems rushed - ROTT synopsis, but I suppose he was trying to get the book out as quickly as possible.

Andrew Paresi & Jonny Bridgwood give a lot of input.

I've now finished it. The end seems rushed - ROTT synopsis, but I suppose he was trying to get the book out as quickly as possible.

Andrew Paresi & Jonny Bridgwood give a lot of input.

I have ordered it dawnraider. Worth a read so???

cossy

Just arrived today. It talks about each smiths album and each individual track. Also each Moz album and each individual track and B side. Have we not had this before ??? So far nothing to see here

Bought mine yesterday. There is a lot of interesting stuff on Morrissey's 1990's output because a lot of the musicians have provided new interviews. Andrew Paresi is splendid; really articulate and informative plus loads of good stuff from Johnny Bridgwood. Think there are also new comments from Steven Street and Mark Nevin. Great to hear a huge appreciation (by Rogan himself) of, among other under-rated songs, the magnificent This Is Not Your Country.
The analysis of the ROTT songs is pretty weak. Get the feeling that Rogan doesn't know a lot about music and really relies on the musicians to provide this element which Morrissey's current band obviously wouldn't do.
Haven't bothered looking at The Smiths stuff. That's all been covered in Goddard's book.
So all in all probably worth getting. It's an enormous book though which is a pain if you live in a tiny flat like me!
Maurice

Back
Top Bottom