or 'still ill' 12" blue bum cover?

got my email confirmation too
yippee... now to get johnny to sign something for the lads club auction
which would be best white vinyl 'stop me' red murray head cover
or 'still ill' 12" blue bum cover?

See you there, got mine as well.:)

Peter

Just got mine about an hour ago.

Does anyone know what time of the day it is on?

Jukebox Jury

It's on 5 - 6pm
http://www.salford.ac.uk/events/details/806

The link also mentions that the original gig nearly brought the roof down, and that it's now specially reinforced (see my previous post :) )

Jut returned from my holidays to this - fab news - just emailed for tickets.

I graduated from Salford - in Maxwell building - many, many moons ago :(

Sat my exams in the room below the main theatre - the roof is held up with a latice structure because (rumour has it) that the ceiling collapsed the night of the Smiths gig because of all the dancing :)

Crowd: "Salford, Salford, Salford"
Morrissey: "Stretford, Stretford, Stretford! Ha ha ha - You've missed the last bus..."

See you all there!

I've seen Johnny Marr 6 times this year. I went to six R.E.M. shows in June and Modest Mouse was the second opening band. Well I'm not the biggest MM fan but they are good musicians especially Johnny and R.E.M. brought him out each night for Fall On Me which was cool. I actually got some great shots of him that I should share with you guys here. And in D.C. on June 11th my friends and I decided last minute to go to the show. Had no tickets, wound up getting 4 seats in the 2nd row hours before the show at the box office. We saw Johnny walking around the grounds. I bet he was the good luck charm. :)

Stipey, have you met Johnny as well? It seems to me (an envious observer) that when Moz-solo folks go to a Marr gig, they come back here with heart-warming stories of chatting with Johnny backstage, and receiving a hug and/or a plectrum from the man. :guitar:

I know it's gonna happen some day, to me...

my tickets came today, any1 else got their through yet, also mine says there is a reception later in the salford art gallery, wonder if johnny will be there to sign my copy of "Boomslang" or "meat is murder"

Nope, just a ticket that says "Admit One" and that's it. I'm just not lucky enough.

Peter

well i mite have one spare, so if thats the case then you can have it. Cause Johnny will hopefully be there according to John Sweeney who has organised it all.

Got my tickets today too - no mention of a reception afterwards though:tears:

However, there is a book launch at 7pm in the city centre for a book on Rob Gretton, New Order's manager and Hacienda director, who sadly died in 1999.

Jukebox Jury

I'm too lazy to read, you guys are going to see Johnny??

I'm so jealous I can't even explain ;)

But please, if you can, take lots of photos and post!
And tell him I adore him!

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom