Jo Brand book based on Moz fans

Nice find, Cossy. You can't help but like her. I forgot to tell you that after the 22nd gig, my wife, daughter and Amy went to the ladies upstairs as there was a big queue downstairs. Guess who was in there having a smoke? Yes, Jo Brand. Anita said she couldn't believe she was smoking in the loo, Jo said that if she went outside for a smoke, they wouldn't let her back in again. She was exactly the same as you see her on the TV.

I posted this elsewhere...

"Well, I got through 200 of 300 pages last night, and it's a bit bleak in places, but the Smiths references are flying in on every page. Mental Illness, teenage sex, death...plenty of fun. I think most people here will like it...

Finished the Jo Brand book last night. The book ending takes in the aftermath of the Wolverhampton '88 gig. It's a very enjoyable read, but if I have one criticism, it's that it reads more like a screenplay for a TV drama more than a book."

Peter

Cheers Mal. I met the cast of Shameless in the bar and they were very pleasant.(Pint and an E) Also Alan Carr who is even camper if that is possible:) in real life.

I like Jo Brand but lost a little respect for her after this interview.

I posted this elsewhere...

"Well, I got through 200 of 300 pages last night, and it's a bit bleak in places, but the Smiths references are flying in on every page. Mental Illness, teenage sex, death...plenty of fun. I think most people here will like it...

Finished the Jo Brand book last night. The book ending takes in the aftermath of the Wolverhampton '88 gig. It's a very enjoyable read, but if I have one criticism, it's that it reads more like a screenplay for a TV drama more than a book."

Peter

Thanks Peter

I may pick up a copy after reading that.

Cheers mate

cossy

I like Jo Brand but lost a little respect for her after this interview.

Just out of interest, what made you lose a bit of respect for her? I watched the interview and didn't hear anything terribly offensive...then again, I am half asleep at the moment and may have missed it :blushing:

I watched up until the 'What's for dessert?' anecdote and who really cares?

The audience laughed when she spoke of the Morrissey fan who said they were happy because Moz was alive, but lets be honest, these are people who watch Loose Women and i think that's a bit sad.

haha someone should read the comment under the vid......britney spears...laughable really.

Back
Top Bottom