Jim Glennie (James) on Smiths

Helen Bach

Somewhere in the depths of Manchester online today I found this.

Jim Glennie: "It'd be great to see Johnny Marr writing with Morrissey again - if I could pick a reunion, I'd pick that one. But you'd have to say it seems unlikely. It'd be nice to see them together playing a few of the old hits, but personally I'd want a new album - live isn't enough for me!"

Thanks, Helen.
I didn't know Jim's also a fan of The Smiths.
I've met him several times, but sadly never had a chance to talk to him properly.

Thanks, Helen.
I didn't know Jim's also a fan of The Smiths.
I've met him several times, but sadly never had a chance to talk to him properly.

I was just about to post this myself!
The piece was taken from a large interview with James in tonights Manchester Evening News as they play the MEN Arena tomorrow night.

Jim and all of James are big Smiths fans. They supported The Smiths in 1983 at The Hacienda and on the whole of the Meat Is Murder tour in 1985.
They also covered 'We hate it when our friends become successful' a few years ago and last year Tim Booth sang 'You're gonna need someone on your side' and 'Heaven knows I'm miserable now' at the Manchester Passion Easter programme.

Jukebox Jury

Somewhere in the depths of Manchester online today I found this.

Jim Glennie: "It'd be great to see Johnny Marr writing with Morrissey again - if I could pick a reunion, I'd pick that one. But you'd have to say it seems unlikely. It'd be nice to see them together playing a few of the old hits, but personally I'd want a new album - live isn't enough for me!"

does this mean the smiths are gonna reform?

wow! just imagine if they do!

i'd love it!

At the end of the interview, Jim was asked to comment about three Manchester bands yet to reform:

The Smiths
The Stone Roses
The Verve (I know they are from Wigan!)

The clip was the short piece on The Smiths

Jukebox Jury

I was just about to post this myself!
The piece was taken from a large interview with James in tonights Manchester Evening News as they play the MEN Arena tomorrow night.

Jim and all of James are big Smiths fans. They supported The Smiths in 1983 at The Hacienda and on the whole of the Meat Is Murder tour in 1985.
They also covered 'We hate it when our friends become successful' a few years ago and last year Tim Booth sang 'You're gonna need someone on your side' and 'Heaven knows I'm miserable now' at the Manchester Passion Easter programme.

Jukebox Jury

Of course I knew that James supported The Smiths and in fact most of Japanese Smiths fans discovered James through Morrissey's endorsement. ;)

That joke isn't funny anymore...:rolleyes:

ok, but if the smiths aren't gonna reform and morrissey isn't gay, does that mean this is definitely his last tour????!!!! seriously????!!!!

Pardon?

After the US tour, from August Morrissey and the Lads will start recording new album!
This tour can't be the last tour. ;)

Back
Top Bottom