It was 22 years ago today...

Evil Legal Eagle

Lawyer / Liar
...that I saw the Smiths for the first (and, regrettably, last) time!

22 years!!! God, that makes me feel old! :(

Just wanted to share this anniversary with someone (anyone!), as my wife isn't in the least bit interested!

Still got my ticket too! :)

That must be a nice memory...perhaps a little sad? Anyway what wre they like, doe sit bring back good memories?

British tickets are so much more aesthetically pleasing than American concert tickets. I cherish my 1986 Smiths ticket stub, but it's nothing pretty to look at -- just a telex-generated looking thing.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! We're all getting older, you have plenty of company :D

That must be a nice memory...perhaps a little sad? Anyway what wre they like, doe sit bring back good memories?

Very good memories indeed!

It's funny, but the thing that has really stuck in my mind about that night is that I was really disappointed that Moz wore a hat for the duration of the show! I almost pissed myself when I first heard the "Your (sic) Full of Smith" bootleg of the show, as you can hear a girl in the audience shout, "Take your hat off", which would of course mean nothing to someone who wasn't at the show. Another abiding memory is of how disappointing HSIN sounded live (which it did at the time).

Happy days indeed! (wipes tear from wrinkly eye)

You're extreamly lucky, ELE.

22 years ago this time I was totally gutted because I didn't have any money to travel to see Royal Albert Hall gig.
Japanese record company organised it for the fanclub members because Morrissey refused to travel.
Some lucky people met them before the gig.

I started a part time job after the college to save up to see The Smiths and finally managed to see four gigs July 1986.

British tickets are so much more aesthetically pleasing than American concert tickets. I cherish my 1986 Smiths ticket stub, but it's nothing pretty to look at -- just a telex-generated looking thing.

You're not wrong there!

My first Moz solo show ticket is as you describe (as are many subsequent tickets), although I cherish it because, being computer generated, it has my name on it as well as Moz's (bottom left hand corner)! :cool:

...that I saw the Smiths for the first (and, regrettably, last) time!

22 years!!! God, that makes me feel old! :(

Just wanted to share this anniversary with someone (anyone!), as my wife isn't in the least bit interested!

Still got my ticket too! :)

Where does all the time go !!!!

22 years ago this time I was totally gutted because I didn't have any money to travel to see Royal Albert Hall gig.
Japanese record company organised it for the fanclub members because Morrissey refused to travel.

I started a part time job after the college to save up to see The Smiths and finally managed to see four gigs July 1986.

I'm the lucky one??? :confused:

You've been to four times as many gigs as me! My total should have been three, but I got to the Liverpool Royal Court box office less than 5 minutes after the last ticket to the "From Manchester With Love" show sold out (this was long before the days of telephone bookings).

Worse still was the cancelled show in Llandudno on the Queen is Dead tour (the day after the Preston Guildhall 'pork sausage' incident). We didn't find out the show had been cancelled until we arrived at the theatre, only to be greeted by hundreds of miserable looking (and very pissed off) Smiths fans. I bitterly regret getting a refund for that ticket, as I'd much rather have kept the ticket for posterity!

Don't know about you Kewpie, but I get just as excited now in the days leading up to a Moz gig as I did back in the 80's & early 90's (if not more so)! :)

Mmm...it depends on how you look at it.
Some of us are really fortunate to be in the right time in the right place.

Yep, I still get excited every time to see Morrissey gigs. :)

aint that sweet :)
morrissey encouraged you to become a productive member of society :eek:
i simply must tell my mother that one ;)

aint that sweet :)
morrissey encouraged you to become a productive member of society :eek:
i simply must tell my mother that one ;)

Mmm...not only from Morrissey.
If you're born and bred in Japan you're basically taught to be a self-sustaining member of the society. ;)

Back
Top Bottom