Is this the worst bootleg ever or not?

Just looking through my albums when I came across this beauty! It has to be one of the worst bootlegs ever!? Spot the errors if you can! I'm surprised the cover actually has a photo of Morrissey on it tbh! :)

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

I take it that 'Anger' is 'Angel, Angel...?' And who the heck is 'Stephen Smith'?

Maybe getting every title wrong was some deliberate bizarre copyright avoidance thing back in the day?

I remember bootlegs from this era, lots of errors. I recall one erroneously listed "Tony the Pony" on the tracklist. Wish he had played that song during that tour.

It is one of the worst sounding boots. I use to have it as well. When the Shoplifters Union was up and running, that was the best place to buy and trade boots.

I take it that 'Anger' is 'Angel, Angel...?' And who the heck is 'Stephen Smith'?

It was not uncommon at all in the early 90's to find bootlegs with "fake names" printed on the CD itself, and sometimes the CD contained "fake names" for the songs too (though the booklets had the right information). I've heard that it was done that way because some CD recording companies didn't want to get into legal troubles.

The weirdest thing I have seen was not a bootleg though, but an official Bona Drag CD that for some reason had the music of Alphaville's "Forever Young" album instead of Bona Drag (I bought it and when I played it, I returned to the store and they gave me a Bona Drag that contained... Bona Drag). PRobably a mistake they made with some CDs whilst they were "burning" the music.

Back
Top Bottom