Introducing Morrissey

Maverick

Maverick
Just been re-watching the Introducing Morrisey video from 1996.

Does anyone else think this has to be the best ever Morrissey set-list? Obviously at the time, a lot of the songs were new, but over a decade later, they stand as stone-cold classics.

For me, this is vintage Mozzer. He looks & sounds great.

I so wish Warner would release this on DVD, its a great Live Set. I nearly peed on my pants when I heard Morrissey perform Speedway, such a brillian song, I also loved the Live Version of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself. I managed to get a DVD-R copy of it but it simply isn't the same as a professional copy, maybe one day soon, :guitar:

i got it on dvd, it's not original of course...
i think it's a great show...but i personally prefer who put the m in manchester

my fave moz era.

1993- 1995.

I would have been far more excited to hear him playing speedway again instead of this charming man.his performance of it on "introducing..." is amazing.

It's a pity the tour to promote Vauxhall & I/boxers was such a short one. I managed to see him at Brixton on that tour which was great, but a few extra dates would have been a bonus. He played a few more dates at the end of the year but they were short sets as support to David Bowie and were mainly playing Southpaw songs.

It seems odd in a way that as he's got older, the tours have become a lot longer.

From the clips of this i've seen on YouTube, i'd say a full DVD release is more than deserving.

Wasn't the mini-comp 'World of Morrissey' released round about this time? I think Moz once described this at the time as his some of his best material to date.

Id kinda go along with that

I love this video to bits. Definitely the best of his 3 concert films, in my opinion. Why there hasn't been a DVD release yet is beyond me.

Wasn't the mini-comp 'World of Morrissey' released round about this time? I think Moz once described this at the time as his some of his best material to date.

Id kinda go along with that

So would i - it's vintage Mozzer; i doubt he'll ever really hit those heights again.

Pretty much agreed with everything everyone's said here. 1992-1995 is the penultimate Morrissey, and Introducing... captures it terrifically. I imagine it must've been somewhat of a gamble at the time, considering that the majority of the songs were off his then-new albums/EP, with very few "older classics" so to speak.... but I'm so grateful he opted for that. As it stands, this video is a testament to how great his Vauxhall/Boxers-period (and Your Arsenal as well) truly was.

I almost get teary-eyed watching Introducing Morrissey --- as the last poster stated, it really seems highly unlikely he'll ever hit these heights again. It is possible I suppose, since he wrote this album thinking it might be his last, that his career was mostly over, and in the wake of the deaths of Mick Ronson and two others. Mozzer's been doing some fairly rollicking songs/albums of late, but Vauxhall was a quieter one. If Moz gets feeling like the end is near again, and perhaps loses another person close to him (not that any of us would wish this on him!!).... it is conceivable that he might put together a "last hurrah" of a more somber, introspective, and gorgeous album... not necessarily a Vauxhall Part II, but you get the idea.

Still, I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes lightning just gets captured in a bottle, and it really just rarely if ever happens again. Vauxhall/Boxers is pretty much Morrissey's lightning, so to speak --- and thank God for that.

Will they please... PLEASE!!.... give Introducing Morrissey a proper, quality release on DVD?? I'd give a left kidney...

J.T.

Pretty much agreed with everything everyone's said here. 1992-1995 is the penultimate Morrissey, and Introducing... captures it terrifically. I imagine it must've been somewhat of a gamble at the time, considering that the majority of the songs were off his then-new albums/EP, with very few "older classics" so to speak.... but I'm so grateful he opted for that. As it stands, this video is a testament to how great his Vauxhall/Boxers-period (and Your Arsenal as well) truly was.

I almost get teary-eyed watching Introducing Morrissey --- as the last poster stated, it really seems highly unlikely he'll ever hit these heights again. It is possible I suppose, since he wrote this album thinking it might be his last, that his career was mostly over, and in the wake of the deaths of Mick Ronson and two others. Mozzer's been doing some fairly rollicking songs/albums of late, but Vauxhall was a quieter one. If Moz gets feeling like the end is near again, and perhaps loses another person close to him (not that any of us would wish this on him!!).... it is conceivable that he might put together a "last hurrah" of a more somber, introspective, and gorgeous album... not necessarily a Vauxhall Part II, but you get the idea.

Still, I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes lightning just gets captured in a bottle, and it really just rarely if ever happens again. Vauxhall/Boxers is pretty much Morrissey's lightning, so to speak --- and thank God for that.

Will they please... PLEASE!!.... give Introducing Morrissey a proper, quality release on DVD?? I'd give a left kidney...

J.T.

So perfectly well said my friend - i couldn't have put it better myself.

I salute you.

Back
Top Bottom