Importance of having sex

Sex. What does it mean to you personally?

• I absolutely adore it. I couldn't live without having sex.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I like it allright. It can be really amazing with the right person.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • It's kinda fun, but it's nothing I couldn't live without.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I am rarely attracted to other people, so I live without sex and I'm happy about it.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I am rarely attracted to other people, so I live without sex and I'm not happy about it.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I am repulsed by the very idea of having sex.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

chica

v2.0
Please feel free to elaborate on your answers (and give those of your own if nothing listed above suits you). What does sex represent to you - carnal lust or spiritual bonding? What would you say to Mr M that he's been missing (if he has been missing it)?

As Woody Allen once said - 'Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love'

As the sagacious Ian McCulloch once said:

I've seen it in your eyes
I've read it in books
Who wants love
Without the f***s?

Hm. It can indeed be amazing with 'the right person', although people often construe 'the right person' to mean wife/husband/life-partner/monogamous-girl-or-boyfriend, and that's not what 'the right person' means to me. For me the right person is any uninhibited scamp who has good sexual chemistry with me.

'I like it alright' is too weak because I like it a lot.

'I adore it and couldn't live without it' is too strong, 'adore' is not the word that comes to mind, plus, surely I could live without it. I mean there's always jerking off.

xo, math+

ps - so yeah, I wasn't sure how to vote and didn't

Last edited:
Re: Importance of having sex - oh, this too

Also! I really am rarely attracted (sexually) to other people... but that hardly means I 'live without sex'!! I'm just choosy.

xo, math+

So nobody who voted: I live without sex wants to comment, heh?;)
I will then, I don't care.

I am rarely attracted to other people, so I live without sex and I'm not happy about it.

I am indeed rarely attracted to other people (though they are often attracted to me) and if I am, I usually run in the opposite direction, so I (mostly) live without sex. And I'm not particularly happy about it, but it's the question of living without love, rather then sex.

I did try sex without being really attracted to other people, mostly out of fear of being abnormal, not sure if it was a good or a bad thing - it was just ok.

Now I can start citing numerous lines from the lyrics, but you all know it anyway. So all I can say is that I can really relate and I'm happy he did speak about it.

What does sex represent to me?
In my single years I was never the type to go seeking sexual pleasure - I preferred the chase to the kill (or more accurately I preferred to be chased than to be killed!). So I didn't spend much time having sex without being in a committed relationship.

What it represents for me now is physcial evidence of the feeling between me and my girlfriend. If everything in our relationship stayed the same but we decided to give up sex then I doubt I could survive. I get very stressed if I get through 48 hours without having sex of one form or another!

I don't know how graphic to get on what constitutes sex to me but it doesn't have to be the full "you know what" it can be one of us doing something for the other and even that doesn't have to be to erm....conclusion!

Eitherway, sometimes it's just as nice and valid to have a totally sensless shag as it is to have a spiritual love making session. As Worm quoted "who wants love without the f*cks"?

What would I say to Moz about what he has (possibly) missed?
I highly doubt that Moz has been quite as innocent as the press make out and he has recently said how much he regretted that whole celibacy claim.

However, on the basis that he doesn't "get it" as often as your average human being then I couldn't really comment because I'm assuming that on that basis he is not in a relationship. If he was in a relationship and wasn't getting any then I'd love to know how he copes!!

Back
Top Bottom