I'm In Manchester. WARNING: Long and rambling with no editing.

I'll be in Manchester this Saturday. :) Just for the day, though. I'm going to a party in Carlisle. :p

Great descriptions, almost feels like I'm there..... oh hang on a minute... I am.

I'll bet that you are wearing black with a hint of color. Or perhaps grey. Also, you have a great hairdo, but it's a bit flat from all the moisture in the air.

You own many tights, mostly black. Some are patterned. You have very stylish rain boots.

Did I describe you?! XD

Don't get me started on fig bloody rolls. They're eeeeeeevil, I tell you!

I want Scarlet to eat some spotted dick, just so she can go home and tell people she did it. :D

I did eat some spotted dick.

Oh, wait... Is it also a food?

:eek:

What do you mean ''try my best to go''?:rolleyes:
What else are you planning to do on Friday night!
You simply have to go there - and say hello to me and Grim and a few other soloists.:)
Be there bang on 9pm as it will be full tomorrow night with the new students in town.

Jukebox Jury

Well, see... I can't/won't dance and I don't/can't drink, so I'm rather useless in clubs. Also, I'm shy to the point of quivering and gulping around new humans. I'm quite the neurotic mess of a woman at these times.

Still, it does sound rather nifty and in a perfect world I really would like to meet you guys.

*sleeps on it*

Well, see... I can't/won't dance and I don't/can't drink, so I'm rather useless in clubs. Also, I'm shy to the point of quivering and gulping around new humans. I'm quite the neurotic mess of a woman at these times.

Still, it does sound rather nifty and in a perfect world I really would like to meet you guys.

*sleeps on it*

You think Grim can dance????:eek:

And I don't drink (well, ok, I gave up last Wednesday but haven't had one since:cool:)

Seriously, you can go there and not dance and not drink. But to be so near to the place at the right time...... just seems a shame to miss out on what could be a once in a life time visit:)

Jukebox Jury

And I don't drink (well, ok, I gave up last Wednesday but haven't had one since:cool:)

Seriously, you can go there and not dance and not drink. But to be so near to the place at the right time...... just seems a shame to miss out on what could be a once in a life time visit:)

Jukebox Jury

JJ is right Scarlet...it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity...get yourself down there darling...both JJ and Grim are perfect gentleman and will look after you I'm sure...they took good care of me at Wireless when I went on my own...you'll have a ball! :)

Love Alma xxx

Jukebox Jury

This makes me feel better. I'm really going to try. I say "try" because my husband is kind of against it. He says we're not really clubbing people. This is true, yet I would like to go. Also, we're getting a late start today. So tired from being out late last night.

I hope it all works out. I assume you will be the one with the pink carnation in your lapel. :D

SAY, this might be a silly question, but does anyone know where Andy hangs out? I'd like to shake his hand. Does he frequent any specific pub?

I'm only here for today now. I leave tomorrow for London. D:

Hey Scarlet, welcome to Manc.
Did you guess my attire? Not really, but I suppose I dress a little different to other girls.

As for the Star and Garter, if you're not really the type of people to bounce around a sweaty dancefloor there is a normal pub downstairs where you can sit at a table with your friends, or alone, and just enjoy a quiet drink.

I would suggest that you go, if only for a short time, and you can stay downstairs close to the escape and still have the opportunity to see all the crazy people.

Andy, Andy Rourke? You'll be lucky to find him even if he was in Manchester today.

Now, if you want me to suggest a nice pub for the evening you should try The Slow Learner in Didsbury. But I think it's being refurbished this week so perhaps not.

Whatever you do I hope you enjoy it. And y'all come back now.. Y'hear?

I just got back from The Star & Garter... but I didn't know who was who, so I didn't talk to anyone apart from my husband. :(

I had hoped to talk with JJ and Grim, but I've never seen photos of them.

*tired now*

*sleeps*

I just got back from The Star & Garter... but I didn't know who was who, so I didn't talk to anyone apart from my husband. :(

I had hoped to talk with JJ and Grim, but I've never seen photos of them.

They were in the bar with their heads on the bar!

Pity you didn't meet them :(

Glad your having a great time. Manchester is a great city. Sorry you didn't have a better time at the S&G.

I'm sad. I went to Salford Lads Club yesterday to take the obligatory photo and some thugs came by and mocked me. Sarcastically called me "sexy" and laughed at me. It really hurt my feelings. It reminds me of that poem.

*finds it*

Incident

Once riding in old Baltimore,
Heart-filled, head-filled with glee,
I saw a Baltimorean
Keep looking straight at me.

Now I was eight and very small,
And he was no whit bigger,
And so I smiled, but he poked out
His tongue, and called me, "n*****."

I saw the whole of Baltimore
From May until December;
Of all the things that happened there
That's all that I remember.

-- Countee Cullen

Franzanna's in Manchester today... last I heard she was in Halifax, but she should be there by now.

I'm sad. I went to Salford Lads Club yesterday to take the obligatory photo and some thugs came by and mocked me. Sarcastically called me "sexy" and laughed at me. It really hurt my feelings.

O no, how dare they!?
Pathetic people by the sound of it.
I hope you can soon forget about it and enjoy the rest of your trip!
Don't let some *a*holes ruin your vacation!

Have fun in the UK! :)

I'm sad. I went to Salford Lads Club yesterday to take the obligatory photo and some thugs came by and mocked me. Sarcastically called me "sexy" and laughed at me. It really hurt my feelings. It reminds me of that poem.

*finds it*

Incident

I saw a Baltimorean

From May until December;

-- Countee Cullen

*hugs* Scarlet.
What assholes.

Did you get a good picture at Salford Lads Club or did these idiots ruin it?

You are loved by many (including me) and they are not.
Let them rot.

What's next on the itinerary?

When we did the bike ride last year, I got there early and popped into the little shop next to the SLC. Two little snotty-face kids came piling into the shop shouting "RED PIE!! RED PIE!!!". The shopkeeper knew exactly what to give them. A meat pie in a red foil dish - their mum had sent them out to get their breakfast - red pie. I've been a few times to the SLC and never had any trouble, but I've heard stories of kids harassing visitors.

Peter

*finds it*

Incident

I saw a Baltimorean

From May until December;

-- Countee Cullen

Don't worry about it Scarlet...it's good practice for when you venture down South...apparently we are a right bunch of miserable unwelcoming bastards! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom