If Moz were to do another duet with a woman which of these would work best?

If Moz were to do another duet with a woman which of these would work best?

• Total voters
I forgot to include Sinead O'Connor in my list. yes, she would be a good choice. Do you know that 1991 photo of two of them sitting and talking? I wonder how they got along. I imagine they'd have a lot to talk about. She has a lot in common with him - both had an Irish Catholic upbringing and have spoken against Catholicism, both are outspoken, rebeliious and controversial, and at the same time both of them are very emotional singers.

Yes, i know that photo. I'd love to know what they were talking about.. I agree with you about that they have too much in common. I wish I could see them on the same stage...:(

And I don't think squeeky childlike voices like those of Harriet Wheeler, Bjork or Kate Bush would work with Morrissey's voice (besides, I hate their voices anyway, although I suppose you won't think that that's a strong argument ;) ). Besides, Bjork has said that "Army Of Me" was 'about Morrissey and all the people who are like him' (i.e. who complain/whine all the time)...that gives you an idea of how much she understands and appreciates his work. :rolleyes:
believe it or not
some of us like the sound of squeaky voices
& as for whatever 'negativity' they may give voice to
the way they say it can
MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR
whatever it is they are supposed to have said*

*=note to self, remember to think now that 'Army of Me' is Björk's way of SECRETLY showing her appreciation for all things moz....
:D

believe it or not
some of us like the sound of squeaky voices
Yes, I know. But, as most people, I tend to believe that my music taste is the best. :p

& as for whatever 'negativity' they may give voice to
the way they say it can
MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR
whatever it is they are supposed to have said*

*=note to self, remember to think now that 'Army of Me' is Björk's way of SECRETLY showing her appreciation for all things moz....
:D
OK, that's a way to look at it I suppose...:D :)

You probably mean "Breaking The Rules" and "Let Me Go Where My Pictures Go"? I love Ludus and I like her voice a lot, but I suppose I wouldn't like it too much based on those tracks either... actually, those are not among my favourite Ludus songs: too poppy, more ordinary musically than most of their stuff, and too straighforward lyrically. I'm far more into their weirder and darker songs (but I'm not into the extremely 'avantgarde' "Danger Came Smiling" LP either). Her singing is very unusual, her voice can be very high or very low, it can sound harsh and angry like a real punk singer one moment, than sweet and lovely the next, like a jazz-pop singer... and then she'll suddenly break into screams and cries. :cool:

Yes, those were the precise songs I was referring to. ;)

I've also heard Danger Came Smiling, and like yourself I also just couldn't respond to the songs positively; I personally didn't find it very good at all (a little too experimental), but no doubt there are others that enjoy it. I've been fortunate enough to hear some material from The Seduction, which I thought was much better. If I was going on their other material, then a duet would seem like a reasonable idea after all.

I'm surprised you left out Kristeen Young!

Not saying I'd like to hear them together, mind. Chrissie Hynde would probably be the best choice.

I left out Kristeen Young,
PJ Harvey,
and Debbie Diamond (lead singer of The Januaries)
for space reasons.

:)

Yes, but why Sade then?

The poll was (as it turned out) as much about collaboration with Moz as it was about the women singers Moz fans most like...I put Madonna and Sade in there just to test the waters... And I certainly did not create the list based on my personal likes (I can't stand Tori Amos for starters). Regardless, it seems when it comes to female solo singers and/or female-led bands there is even less consensus among us Morrissey fans as to favorites than there is regarding male solo singers (other than Moz) and male-led bands. The diversity of tastes shown here is both surprising and refreshing.

Cheers.

:)

I picked Kate Bush. I love her so much, and I'm extremely disappointed to see that Moz has made statements saying he dislikes her (strongly, as I'm sure he said)? I can't imagine why. She has an angelic voice, and I hate to tell ya, Morrissey, as a composer and instrumentalist she is infinitely better than you are. The two of them together would be fantastic.

Going by that list (for the most part) it show be called, "If Moz were to do another duet with a woman which of these would make you pull your hair our and ultimately take your own life..." That said Miss Great Pretender and another option or two would be alright. If I had my druthers he'd do a duet with Neko Case, she loves Moz and has powerful chops to match his. I do believe it would be very nice, very nice, very nice, very nice, very nice, very nice...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom