I wish Americans would just shut the f*** up!

F

freeyourself

Is anyone else finding the sound of American voices, coming from America during the BBC's coverage of the American Election, grating, whiny & very loud?

I've had to adjust the volume on my television 3 times & it's still really annoying!

Perhaps i was a little brusque then, but do you HAVE to be so LOUD? & annoying?

I wish you would just shut up about americans, Hears a clue..Its our election! Stay out of it.

Yes Im sure I will be bashed on for this, but I don't care, Im sick of it.

> Is anyone else finding the sound of American voices, coming from America
> during the BBC's coverage of the American Election, grating, whiny &
> very loud?

> I've had to adjust the volume on my television 3 times & it's still
> really annoying! freeyourself, I can understand your annoyance. Americans are so used to being screamed at by newscasters, etc. that they don't realize HOW loud they are. I love watching the BBC news, your newsreaders are so calm, and quiet. I was actually angry at MYSELF when I was in the UK in 88'. I realized I had been so conditioned to hearing people on the television scream at me, that I had to turn the volumme all the way up to even hear anything.

What...you can dish it out but can't take it? and Americans are the loud annoying ones?

Re: Perhaps i was a little brusque then, but do you HAVE to be so LOUD? & annoying?

Being an American, various people are always screeching at you - television, films, (some films have been so damned loud I've complained to the management) etc. that you unfortunately become conditioned to it.

Apologies to the Quiet Americans

I'm glad you took my remark in good spirit colleen

While I may have been slightly provocative, I was simply making a point that I'm sure my fellow countrymen could appreciate.

It's a pity 'iamthequarry' can't conduct himself with quite the same good grace.

He's a perfect example of the type of loud, obnoxious American that makes the rest of the world sick.

Re: I wish you would just shut up about americans, Hears a clue..Its our election! Stay out of it.

Hey, I know how you feel, but the outcome of this election WILL affect the entire WORLD, not just America.

I'll 'do', I'll never be 'done to'......

You're correct for once in your miserable life.

I dish it out. I don't take it.

Re: Apologies to the Quiet Americans

yes yes and you telling the americans to "shut the f*@k up" isn't loud and annoying to us? Im just sick you people that think bashing on Americans is a good way to pass the time in your pathetic little lives. Take a look at everything you have typed and imagine me saying that to you. Now don't I have a good reason to be pissed off? Im glad im an American. And who are you to be judging me? You are not perfect therefore you have no right to judge.

> I'm glad you took my remark in good spirit colleen

> While I may have been slightly provocative, I was simply making a point
> that I'm sure my fellow countrymen could appreciate.

> It's a pity 'iamthequarry' can't conduct himself with quite the same good
> grace.

> He's a perfect example of the type of loud, obnoxious American that makes
> the rest of the world sick.
Thanks very much. While in your country, just observing everyone around me, and how quietly they were speaking, I quickly took the same cue and followed suit. You know what they say, "When In Rome Do As The Romans Do"

> yes yes and you telling the americans to "shut the f*@k up"
> isn't loud and annoying to us? Im just sick you people that think bashing
> on Americans is a good way to pass the time in your pathetic little lives.
> Take a look at everything you have typed and imagine me saying that to
> you. Now don't I have a good reason to be pissed off? Im glad im an
> American. And who are you to be judging me? You are not perfect therefore
> you have no right to judge.

Actually, I am perfect.

Does that mean I do have the right to judge?

Cheers, I will then

It's not because you're American that you're a c***.

It's because you're a c*** & American that you're an American c***.

So f*** Off you annoying American c***.

Then what does that say about you? Think about it for a second.

Thats all Im saying. And Im a She not a He, don't assume, you do that too much anyway. Not all Americans are as idiodic and loud as you would presume, it's just the ones that accually get to open their mouths to the world. My apologies to you for jumping on you like that, but all Im saying is Im sick of being bashed on. Im not loud, Im not going to tell you that Americans are the best and the rest of the world sucks. Im not going to say you can kiss my ass because your not American. All I ask is for the same in return. Just because Im not European does not mean that Im an idiodic couch potato, that knows nothing about culture. Im just asking, that just for once I can get on this web site with out seeing "Americans are F*#king A-holes" or "Americans should shut the f*%k up" because it seems to me that is all that people post anymore.

> yes yes and you telling the americans to "shut the f*@k up"
> isn't loud and annoying to us? Im just sick you people that think bashing
> on Americans is a good way to pass the time in your pathetic little lives.
> Take a look at everything you have typed and imagine me saying that to
> you. Now don't I have a good reason to be pissed off? Im glad im an
> American. And who are you to be judging me? You are not perfect therefore
> you have no right to judge.
You have to realize that you are talking about two VERY different cultures, Iam. Yes, we both speak English, but that's where it ends, pretty much. Yes, some here have been bashing Americans and this election. Don't you see, though, that citizens of the UK are ALSO frustrated with this ignorant war, and that the outcome of this election will affect THEM and THEIR lives? They have troops over in Iraq too you know. What about the British who have died for Bush? You probably don't really care either way, but COME ON, if you have ever travelled outside of the States, you can spot the loud Americans a mile away, lugging their videocameras and other items, and shrieking back and forth at one another! I'm far from being perfect, but it's just common sense to conduct yourself in an adult manner, and respect another countries particular culture. It doesn't mean you have to AGREE with it; you need to understand that the whole world is NOT America. Just trying to explain things, no cause for offense.

Thought about it. It did indeed take a second.

> Thats all Im saying. And Im a She not a He, don't assume, you do that too
> much anyway. Not all Americans are as idiodic and loud as you would
> presume, it's just the ones that accually get to open their mouths to the
> world. My apologies to you for jumping on you like that, but all Im saying
> is Im sick of being bashed on. Im not loud, Im not going to tell you that
> Americans are the best and the rest of the world sucks. Im not going to
> say you can kiss my ass because your not American. All I ask is for the
> same in return. Just because Im not European does not mean that Im an
> idiodic couch potato, that knows nothing about culture. Im just asking,
> that just for once I can get on this web site with out seeing
> "Americans are F*#king A-holes" or "Americans should shut
> the f*%k up" because it seems to me that is all that people post
> anymore.

Yeah, I do tend to assume that people intelligent enough to operate computers are male.

You may be surprised to know that that is the first time I have taken the piss out of Americans specifically on here, so they were well overdue a slagging.

I've endured an endless stream of mind-numbingly tiresome posts recently about your soul-destroyingly tedious election, without much in the way of complaint. Tonight, listening to the shrill, verging on hysterical voices of your horrible news anchor types, political activists & ordinary (very ordinary) members of the American public, I made a joke out of it for the benefit of the other non-Americans on the board.

Please feel free to make a crass remark about the English.

As you are clearly not picking up on some of my more subtle inferences, I am led to further assume that you are probably under 20 years old, as well as being female.

As I'm a 40 year old man, I feel that any further conversation between us would be inappropriate.

Re: Thought about it. It did indeed take a second.

Oh I see what your saying now! You are a 40 year old racist, sexist loser that spends most of his day on the computer in a Morrissey chat room? Now I get why your views are so skewed. With the language you are using I thought for sure I was talking with a 12 year old little boy going through puberty. Im sorry to tell you, you were wrong once again (not that this is strange). I am in my 20's, Im married, I have a graduate degree in engineering (this would mean I work with computers incase you were wondering), and I am a 6' tall blonde hair blue eyed woman who you would probably never even take a second glance at you on the street. So you can take your British arogance and shove it right up your ass. And no I will not take a crack at Europeans I prefer not to stoop that low, thanks. I come on this web site to talk about Morrissey, not to listen to dirty old men bash on Americans while they sit in their underwear chating with 13 year old girls and doing who knows what with themselves. Thats it Im done, yes Im sure you will come back with some vulgar comment at me, just know that I won't even take a glance at it. Im through with you.

fao iamthequarry

> Oh I see what your saying now! You are a 40 year old racist, sexist loser
> that spends most of his day on the computer in a Morrissey chat room? Now
> I get why your views are so skewed. With the language you are using I
> thought for sure I was talking with a 12 year old little boy going through
> puberty. Im sorry to tell you, you were wrong once again (not that this is
> strange). I am in my 20's, Im married, I have a graduate degree in
> engineering (this would mean I work with computers incase you were
> wondering), and I am a 6' tall blonde hair blue eyed woman who you would
> probably never even take a second glance at you on the street. So you can
> take your British arogance and shove it right up your ass. And no I will
> not take a crack at Europeans I prefer not to stoop that low, thanks. I
> come on this web site to talk about Morrissey, not to listen to dirty old
> men bash on Americans while they sit in their underwear chating with 13
> year old girls and doing who knows what with themselves. Thats it Im done,
> yes Im sure you will come back with some vulgar comment at me, just know
> that I won't even take a glance at it. Im through with you.

I prefer the term xenophobic misogynist, if you don't mind. It's slightly more sophisticated don't you think.

Did you notice there was no question mark? That's because it was a rhetorical question, which means I'm not even remotely interested in your dismal opinion.

btw, Did I neglect to mention that I'm an enthusiastic homosexual?

As I also have a partner of 6 years who makes me very happy, I think I'll pass on your bony arse thanks. Even if your description of yourself was accurate, which I very much doubt, I would still rather eat my own faeces than have a loud mouthed skank like you within 5 miles of me.

Which also rules out the rather charmless scenario you described of me sitting "chating" with 13 year old girls. I don't quite know what "chating" is, but it sounds terribly unhygienic.

All that remains for me to say, before I forget you ever existed, is that I hope any children you may have in the future are abducted by paedophiles & spend their short miserable lives ruing the day they were born.

Re: Thought about it. It did indeed take a second.

> Oh I see what your saying now! You are a 40 year old racist, sexist loser
> that spends most of his day on the computer in a Morrissey chat room? Now
> I get why your views are so skewed. With the language you are using I
> thought for sure I was talking with a 12 year old little boy going through
> puberty. Im sorry to tell you, you were wrong once again (not that this is
> strange). I am in my 20's, Im married, I have a graduate degree in
> engineering (this would mean I work with computers incase you were
> wondering), and I am a 6' tall blonde hair blue eyed woman who you would
> probably never even take a second glance at you on the street. So you can
> take your British arogance and shove it right up your ass. And no I will
> not take a crack at Europeans I prefer not to stoop that low, thanks. I
> come on this web site to talk about Morrissey, not to listen to dirty old
> men bash on Americans while they sit in their underwear chating with 13
> year old girls and doing who knows what with themselves. Thats it Im done,
> yes Im sure you will come back with some vulgar comment at me, just know
> that I won't even take a glance at it. Im through with you.
Why did I even try to reason with you?

Back
Top Bottom