i have yet to meet a genuine moz fan

R

robhenson

i have been a huge moz fan for years, and have not ever met another hardcore moz fan. I get my hopes up when i meet someone at work, or when im out in town, and they say, "yer i really like morrissey" but as soon as you mention anything like Daddys Voice, their face goes blank, and i think well you cant be a very big fan then. blah, blah...where do you all hide!

> i have been a huge moz fan for years, and have not ever met another
> hardcore moz fan. I get my hopes up when i meet someone at work, or when
> im out in town, and they say, "yer i really like morrissey" but
> as soon as you mention anything like Daddys Voice, their face goes blank,
> and i think well you cant be a very big fan then. blah, blah...where do
> you all hide!

You should arrange to meet with Julia Riley

There's pleanty of us about, you just have to find us in the shadows....

> you all hide!

Hmmm. I suppose to be a true Moz fan you must give up eating meat and take up reading the works of child-molesting psychotics such as Oscar Wilde or the Bronte sisters. Christ.

> you all hide!
I feel your pain. I've only *met* by email or phone, two Morrissey fans in my area. I've been a Morrissey fan since 1984. I went to Sam Goody's (music store) in my area a few days ago, and was looking for ,"Kill Uncle"- all they had was "Quarry". I asked this punked out girl about it, and she said as soon as they get their Mozzer stock in, it disappears like magic! When I told her that was not surprising due to the fact that he has an enormous fan base here in San Diego, she just looked at me blankly. She said, "Well, we do have Quarry, if you need that" and I said, " I bought that months ago! I was looking for another one, but thanks." Incredible. BTW, "Daddy's Voice" is the BOMB. I LOVE IT and think it should have been added to "Quarry" because it's so different! It's my favorite right now. Good luck in your Morrissey fan search. You'll meet them eventually. We all have microchips inplanted into our brains and we tend to wear frilly hats. (teasing). I mean it, you'll meet them.

> Hmmm. I suppose to be a true Moz fan you must give up eating meat and take
> up reading the works of child-molesting psychotics such as Oscar Wilde or
> the Bronte sisters. Christ.

I know how you feel! I've been looking for true Moz fans for ages. My friends all hate him. I've been travelling around going to gigs since Meltdown. Off to Preston Friday although this time has been very hard cause had my wallet and mobile stolen on Sunday in Blackpool so booking trains, hotel etc has been a pain in the ....... arse!. But all set now and can't wait. Also just got my sister in law to book the Earl's Court gig and Dec 18th for me. My brother is a fan so will be going too. Shame its Earls Court, bit big for me. Part of the fun is meeting up with other fans I've seen along the tour before the gig, usually in the local pub and Earls Court is way to big for that.

The down side is when the gig is over and you "go home on your own, you cry and you want to die...", no seriously, it always gets me down a bit I have no one to go on and have a drink with etc to chat about the gig etc. It often feels a bit silent and grey.

Back
Top Bottom