How, when, and where, did you lose your Moz virginity?

C

Codreanu

The 1987(?) MTV premiere of "Stop Me if you Think you've Heard this One Before"... in, erm, my Father's bedroom.

ohhh errr

Brother told me to download "how soon is now". Here I am.

This was last week by the way. I love Morrisey.

I was this 12-year old blonde girl that mostly listened to the worst music you could ever imagine (really bad techno and RnB). And one day i visited my sister where she worked - and she played "Heaven Knows Im Misreble Now" and other songs from Louder Than Bombs. I just loved it. I cant tell why, but I was mesmerized. So I baught the LTB-album and from that day on its been Moz and me!

(this were only 5-6 years ago)

I could never thank her enough..

I did that on purpose, love

I'm poking fun at the most obvious song being the one that recruited me, while that same song drags the part time fans in who can't spell him name.

On the dance floor listening to "How Soon Is Now" --1986???

When "Suedehead" was first shown on "The Cutting Edge" on MTV late Sunday night.
I think 88 or 89???

i wish i was around in the 80's!

i always feel so young in this forum - 18 years old! im happy though, having the privilege being alive when the man is still active!

Re: No, you love badgers... and it's Morrissey

November spawned a monster music video clip in about 1988 while my ex was sleeping.

> November spawned a monster music video clip in about 1988 while my ex was
> sleeping.

You dirty vixen!

> You dirty vixen!
Tee hee. It doesnt take long when thinking about Mr. M I must say.

Re: ohhh errr

Ohhhhh, I get it now.

For a second there, I thought you were an idiot.

Good one.

> i wish i was around in the 80's!

> i always feel so young in this forum - 18 years old! im happy though,
> having the privilege being alive when the man is still active!

in 92...i was like 12/13 years old. my sister is 8 years older and being young i played her cds. i stumbled accross the SMiths and a morrissey CD (forgot which one). I still remember playing the smiths in the living room for the first time. It was around Christmas. weird...I've gone through many different bands and styles of music (including a few years of being a Phish following hippie during teenage angst years age 16-18), the only music that had staying power over all these years is Morrissey and the Smiths.

At the time, Bigmouth was my favoritse song, now i could care less for it.

1994, "The More You Ignore Me..." video on Mtv

soon afterwards i cut out a picture of the "Hatful of Hollow" LP cover from some bad alt-rock magazine (guitar world maybe?) and put it on my bedroom wall, and ordered the smiths "singles" off my father's BMG account.

> The 1987(?) MTV premiere of "Stop Me if you Think you've Heard this
> One Before"... in, erm, my Father's bedroom.

"What Difference Does It Make?" on Top of the Pops in January 1984.

This is actually a good question. 1987, skating on my friends backyard ramp. My older, cooler friend Aaron (RIP, probably) put on Strangeways. I said "Wow, who the f*** is this???????" He said, "Oh, that band The Smiths. They just broke up" -Enter sad moment- Bought every cd immediately, cardboard dust cover and all, with allowance money. Hulmerist became a daily ritual. I've been crippled ever since. Fast forward 1991-saw Moz as much as possible, but UCLA comes to mind. Seen him a few times prior, but this night really affected me. I cried the entire 30 minutes. Not from the pain but from the sheer intensity and astonishment. Was that really 15 years ago?

good question.

i heard frankly, mr. shankly on my sister's walkman while in general teran, mexico. i remember thinking how long the first song, the queen is dead, was on the tape.

Hmmm...2003, I listened to Doves play a version of Please, Please, Please Let me get what I want on a BBC 3 show called RE:covered. I downloaded the original straight after and it developed from there.

older brother went for a year abroad in England in 1985....

and came back armed with Smiths records and tapes. The songs that immedietly grabbed me were Panic & Bigmouth.

I was REALLY mad when my mom wouldn't let me go with him and his friends to see the Boston (area) Smiths show in 1986. I was 13.... it would be 5 more years till I would see Morrissey live, on the Kill Uncle tour.

From 1993-1997, I didn't listen to much Morrissey, if we are being perfectly honest. I was far more concerned with bad punk music. I mean, some of it was good. But, looking back, quite a bit was rubbish. Then, in about the Spring of 1997, I was working at a bagel shop as I was finshing up my (slightly elongated) college years and someone threw in a cassette of the audio from Live In Dallas in the stereo in the kitchen. I love the raw, punky, edgey sound of the songs from the '91 tour. It drew me back in. Big time. I dug out all my Moz stuff, went out and bought the albums I had missed (Southpaw and Vauxhall,) and Maladjusted was right around the corner. As was the tour....

and 21 live shows later, here I am. And loving it.

Back
Top Bottom