Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I really hope it's just pink/orange (no offense to others) because that will drive me insane knowing there's variants out there. haha
Well, I see that one of the coloured orange vinyl's sold via ebay for £75 (including £15 postage), so this is the current market rate as I believe that this is the only one sold so far. My copy is on the way to me from the US as I write and I will let people know in due course what import duties are payable for getting this into the UK.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

My online order shipped to the store and is spoken for, but I asked that the recipient open it and take a photo of the color combo :)

I got mine today and it is indeed pink and orange, however it is very difficult to see the difference unless they are on a white background.

They did a descent job of packing but one of the corners is dented a bit on each. I got two.

My first copy was just delivered, and both discs are exactly the same color. Here's the weird thing, though: I can't tell whether they're pink or orange (and no, I'm not color blind!).

30hshno.jpg

What color is that? It's like it's somewhere between pink and orange. Porange? Oink? I guess they're more orange. Right? The runoff area looks pretty pink, though. Hmmm. Whatever it is, they are definitely the same as each other. I ordered within a couple of hours of them going on sale, so I can't imagine this is a second pressing or anything like that.

cqube1z.png

I think it's the folks at Hot Topic who're color blind.

My first copy was just delivered, and both discs are exactly the same color. Here's the weird thing, though: I can't tell whether they're pink or orange (and no, I'm not color blind!).

30hshno.jpg

What color is that? It's like it's somewhere between pink and orange. Porange? Oink? I guess they're more orange. Right? The runoff area looks pretty pink, though. Hmmm. Whatever it is, they are definitely the same as each other. I ordered within a couple of hours of them going on sale, so I can't imagine this is a second pressing or anything like that.

They are marbled, orange and pink.
The best thing to do is to hold them against the light, ideally natural light.
You will then see both colours clearly, yours appear to be predominantly orange.

^ Hahaha. OK, "Electric Salmon" variant it is.

You will then see both colours clearly, yours appear to be predominantly orange.

Yeah, I definitely see the marbling, but it seems like everyone else who's commented has one pink, one orange—not hybrids! I dunno, I'm looking at them way to hard. I'll just call them both "orange" and get on with my life!

Apologies to those of you who were hoping ALL of the sets were pink/orange, though! It seems that's not the case. I have a second copy for a friend coming in the next couple of days, but I'll open it to see what's inside before passing it along.

30hshno.jpg

Legit LOL at "porange". Eurydice and I combine words like that all the time.

Also, I'm beginning to think something went wrong at the pressing plant. The sticker on the front of yours said "on orange vinyl" too, I presume?

Now I want them all, dammit! :)

Yes, you can see the marbling on the hot topic website, even, but you can also clearly distinguish the orange and pink in their stock images, and neither looks like that, though I suppose they bump the contrast up a good bit for presentation.

Also, I'm beginning to think something went wrong at the pressing plant. The sticker on the front of yours said "on orange vinyl" too, I presume?

Yep! I really do wish it said "exclusive salmon vinyl," though.

Mine has no marbling and looks transparent. Pic to follow.

so basically the vinyl coloring is potluck

How certain are we that all 1000 had been officially pressed before the label drop drama?

Ok, here is a picture of both LP’s. I held them up to the sunlight to show the transparency. The left one is the first LP and the right pic is the second.

MozHotTopic.jpg

Edit: You can see the difference more so when you click onto the picture to enlarge it.

Yep! I really do wish it said "exclusive salmon vinyl," though.

and smoked salmon at that!

btw no sign of mine! Could that be a Morrissey song title? I just checked the tracking and apparently my discs are enjoying some sort of fruity cocktail in Miami at the moment. Out of the sun and back in your box!

Last edited:

out of curiosity... does anybody need a copy?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom