Horne & Corden...How Not To Do Comedy

Black_Eyed_Sioux

Hey Doug, how ya been??
A truly awful half hour of comedy...
If you're thinking of watching it DON'T!

I was gonna give it a go cos gavin and stacey's not bad, but sounds like it was a wise decision to give it a wide birth :cool:

I'm a fan of Gavin & Stacey, don't get me wrong, but alot of the jokes were about how fat Corden is, and him showing off his belly/arse. The only part I actually laughed at was Corden doing an impression of Ricky Gervais, which I admit did make me laugh out loud.

I'm a fan of Gavin & Stacey, don't get me wrong, but alot of the jokes were about how fat Corden is, and him showing off his belly/arse. The only part I actually laughed at was Corden doing an impression of Ricky Gervais, which I admit did make me laugh out loud.

I saw a preview clip of the show on Johnathan Ross when Corden was on, it showed him at a burger bar with his belly out, sounds like it's just based around him being a lard-arse :(

I saw this on iPlayer, but didn't watch it, seems that was a good idea. James Corden annoys me for some reason..........

I don't know what your feelings are towards Kathy Burke, but she is director for this series!
Watching the show, it tells me that Ruth Jones probably wrote most of Gavin & Stacey

I think they are suffering from overkill.

Nothing on TV makes me laugh nowadays.Maybe its because I'll soon be forty.:(

I laugh at Fawlty Towers and Blackadder and Bo Selecta.

There's some series on called The Old Geezers or something with him out of Only Fools and its the most dire thing I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin was good.

I often feel like doing a "Reggie" and leaving my clothes on a beach and faking my own death.

Also The Young Ones is one of my faves. I still love Neil. Heavyyyyy...:D

Was slightly amusing in parts.

Is the fat one really going out with Sheridan Smith?

Is it because he's excruciatingly unfunny?
And the other one.

Probably, and he also seems very smug everytime I've seen him on TV.

I was meaning to watch it, but I was stuck into jade's wedding on the other channell and thought I could use catch up TV after that, but it wasn't available for some reason.

They've sold out already? I think Rob Brydon was the funniest one out of gavin and stacey. and the fact that gavin's dad was called larry lamb. bleeeeeh.

From what I've seen, they seem to try far too hard to be funny. Yet another poor BBC sketch show we have to endure for 6 weeks, it annoys me as well that they'll probably get more attention tomorrow for Comic Relief than someone brilliant like Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.

I just find their comedy a bit too easy; more physical gags than anything with any real thought, no really credible writing, just cheap laughs at James Cordon because of his weight and then Matt Horne as the straight man who sometimes uses Martin Freemans trademark "looks to camera."

Sorry.

Okay, was really bad. Had to turn it off after about 10 mins. Trying to be a bit too much like Catherine Tate, but nowhere near as funny.

They're shit, i really don't get the fuss about em' here in the UK...we don't half celebrate the sub-standard at times.

Back
Top Bottom