HOB Boston GA?

Thanks, petemoz.

Got my ticket. Looking forward to this show.

Has this venue even opened yet? I'm sort of excited to see it for the first time.

Not sure it when it actually opens up but I'm pretty sure first show is in February. I'm also curious to see how they converted the Axis and Avalon into an HOB and weather or not it'll have the same design/layout as all the HOBs I've been to.

So, by dining at the HOB, you get to jump the line? That seems too easy, surely there's more of a financial catch.

The Boston Globe had a good article (with exterior diagram - see link).

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...8/for_house_of_blues_encore_on_a_grand_scale/

Looks like the restaurant is fairly separate from the theater part, although I'm sure there is an indoor connection. I was surprised to read that they have ditched dancing as a part of what this facility will be. That place has been a go-go/disco since the 1960's. Many fond memories of dancing there back in college....

Oh and there are still tickets available today (Monday) so I hope people tell all those Stubhub-ers to go screw!

Boston tickets seem to be sold out on Ticketbastard. None were found when I did a general search. They still do have tickets under the American Express promo (same price.)

FYI, It seems that Boston is now totally sold out. Both the "regular" and Amex links cannot find any tickets on Ticketfecker.

I received my ga ticket to the show yesterday, but I was curious about the venue's seating so I checked for tickets today. It seems that there are now various options for seating. Among them are are GA Seating, Stadium Seating, VIP Balcony Seating and VIP Box seating.
I did notice, the day of the sale, that only best available was an option even through amex allotment, but i pulled strangely numbered tickets. Some said GA and others said seat numbers. Thinking that the entire show was GA, I threw back the others and only bought the single that came up as GA.

I know this is a new venue, but does anyone know what the seating/standing chart is like? It's a restaurant, so I expected tables and a standing area, but this seating and balcony development has me wondering.

My ticket says Seat 150, General Admission. I thought the restaurant was separate from the venue? I'll do some research.

Thanks for your help! I checked my ticket and it says in Section/Aisle GENADM, Row GA5 and then a seat number. Obviously my ticket is GA, but I'm just wondering where in the whole venue this GA section is? I'm excited to go to the show, but I'm short and possibly would have preferred a seat in the balcony for a better view.

Sections and other seat numbers just tend to be "counts" for tickets sold to the GA venues. If its like some HOBs I've been to though, there usually is some GA seating at balcony level that are first come, first serve.

The HOB site says that shows are GA. Some of the seats may be reserved for VIPs, but generally speaking I'm pretty sure that the remaining seats are available on a first-come basis.

Based on what I can tell, the restaurant and the performance space are two distinct spaces.

03.29 MORRISSEY HOUSE OF BLUES, BOSTON SOLD OUT!

saw this on WFNX website

Yeah that seems to be the case. I saw tix on eBay for Boston yesterday for $69, which is only a bit above face value.

Well it hasn't opened yet, but it has been stated that the floor is non-seated (standing) and then there are two upper levels that are seated. Seemingly all the seats are available on a first come basis. None of the ticket outlets (that I've seen) have posted a seating chart yet.

thanks, that's what my perception was, but reading the comments i got a bit confused. however, now that i look closely, my ticket says 'standing only' which is perfect for me but i'm not sure about the rest of you who wanted seats. i got them on the cursed ticketmaster, which obviously didn't provide different options for the standing vs seated. the venue not having opened yet complicates things.

It is going to be mighty strange to be at this gig in a brand new venue seeing Moz; I saw him there when it was the old venue ('99? '00? One of those years shortly before my first son was born. . .).

I am so aggravated that he is not at the Orpheum or other seated venue.

--jeniphir

Back
Top Bottom