Have you already seen him cry?

Is it a joke, or just naming the brand?

In the latter case, Clover!

In the former, sorry. I suppose I'd better run for clover.

It's panning shots of people being given various food stuffs by their loved ones smeared in Clover (the foodstuffs, not the loved ones), and getting sentimental about it.

Odd really when you think about it. The greased up former 80's pop star scenario would make more sense with the tears.

My post was so pure...and it has ended like that...I am sad.

Don't be sad! I totally understand your original enquiry- my first thought was of 1994 interview (in full on Motorcycleauapairboy site) where he responded to this question-

'Q: Are you moved to tears very easily?
Yes, very, very easily. As a very dull example... the film Jane Eyre I sat through by accident a couple of years ago and was shocked that the floodgates opened. I'm extremely sensitive to art and I'm not ashamed to say that Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights of The Well Of Loneliness stir within me very powerful passions, but that doesn't mean that I'm an ineffectual six-stone weakling and the suggestion irks me constantly. It's not true and it was perpetuated by the two things that have made me more famous than anything else I've been connected with - the songs Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and This Charming Man which were very flowery and poetic and a great sense of aesthetic abandon. But that was a long time ago and, despite how I look, I'm not a teenager. This year, I'll be 35 and a lot has changed. I'm occasionally unhappy that those two songs and that period is what's stuck in many people's minds. It made my fame but it isn't the rock on which I presently stand. Though I'm not trying to kick it away and be Vinny Jones.'

The connection you are making is one that most devotees make- Morrissey makes music to sob your guts out to, if you are so inclined! Seem to recall him mentioning feeling two stone lighter after having a good cry...cue uncharitable comments...

Don't be sad! I totally understand your original enquiry- my first thought was of 1994 interview (in full on Motorcycleauapairboy site) where he responded to this question-

Yes, very, very easily. As a very dull example... the film Jane Eyre I sat through by accident a couple of years ago and was shocked that the floodgates opened. I'm extremely sensitive to art and I'm not ashamed to say that Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights of The Well Of Loneliness stir within me very powerful passions, but that doesn't mean that I'm an ineffectual six-stone weakling and the suggestion irks me constantly. It's not true and it was perpetuated by the two things that have made me more famous than anything else I've been connected with - the songs Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and This Charming Man which were very flowery and poetic and a great sense of aesthetic abandon. But that was a long time ago and, despite how I look, I'm not a teenager. This year, I'll be 35 and a lot has changed. I'm occasionally unhappy that those two songs and that period is what's stuck in many people's minds. It made my fame but it isn't the rock on which I presently stand. Though I'm not trying to kick it away and be Vinny Jones.'

The connection you are making is one that most devotees make- Morrissey makes music to sob your guts out to, if you are so inclined! Seem to recall him mentioning feeling two stone lighter after having a good cry...cue uncharitable comments...

I think you might be a little confused. Nobody is going to rip the piss out of him for having a cry. Jesus, we all like a good cry, I watch E.T and I cry like a baby, every single time. What get's me is that he sounds like he's ashamed to do it. Like it's a big deal. Like anyone would be remotely f***ing interested if he did.

What a bellend.

I think you might be a little confused. Nobody is going to rip the piss out of him for having a cry. Jesus, we all like a good cry, I watch E.T and I cry like a baby, every single time. What get's me is that he sounds like he's ashamed to do it. Like it's a big deal. Like anyone would be remotely f***ing interested if he did.

What a bellend.

I meant uncharitable comments about him being two stone lighter- or possibly needing to be- not the fact that he admits to crying.

It's panning shots of people being given various food stuffs by their loved ones smeared in Clover (the foodstuffs, not the loved ones), and getting sentimental about it.

Odd really when you think about it. The greased up former 80's pop star scenario would make more sense with the tears.
Ay, I know the advert, my post was in answer to What's-His-Face's mooncalf of an Utterly Butterly joke*. But you sneaked in before me, and look what happened.

*Have all his posts just disappeared? Think of the continuity, oh Mysterious Editors of Life.

here ya go
moz1.jpg

love

Grim

I really hope he was referring to the novel "Wuthering Heights", not the movie (I think that's the case, since I don't think there's a movie "The Well of Loneliness"). I know he loves the book, as he named Emily Bronte as one of his favourite authors in the Kill Uncle tourbook questionnaire (his answer was: "Radclyffe Hall, Emily Bronte, George Eliot and Oscar Wilde"). I think that every "Wuthering Heights" movie adaptation ever made has been a pile of crap and an insult to the book. :mad:

He once said in an interview that he finds nothing more embarassing than to cry in public. And I think he's damn right.

And there was this anecdote as well (that I read in an interview) when the journalist entered the hotelroom and found him and a girl (?) crying as well!! (can somebody confirm this?)
:confused: I've never heard that one yet... What interview was that?

He is human and he needs to be loved!

I will never forget his face as he left the stage at Earls Court back in 2004. Rumours (often fuelled by things he was saying on stage too) were rife about him retiring. As he said goodbye to us, I will swear to today that his eyes were moist. It certainly touched me.

:confused: I've never heard that one yet... What interview was that?

To be fair, it was an inauspicious start. I arrived at Morrissey's hotel room on time at 4pm, he opened the door with a face crumpled as if tears had just dried upon it. Inside, sitting on the bed, was a beautiful young woman wearing a tight-fitting chambermaid's outfit and a golden smile. "Hello, I'm Grace," she explained. And, after a brief pause, but no movement, "I am doing his room."
"You better sit over there," Morrissey said to me, indicating the nether reaches of the room, and so we all sat, in silence, in our corners. There was something so surreal straight out of Bunuel, about this scene, that I began to wonder if it was part of an elaborate joke. Some contrived comment on Morrissey's elusive sexuality, or an elliptical stab at the bourgeoisie. "Is she ever going to go?" I mumbled to Morrissey. "No," he mumbled back in his doom-laden voice. "She will always be with us." When she had left he said that she "spooked" him, asking for his autograph for her 18-year-old sister and telling him, "I used to like you but I don't like you any more."

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1997/affair.htm

To be fair, it was an inauspicious start. I arrived at Morrissey's hotel room on time at 4pm, he opened the door with a face crumpled as if tears had just dried upon it. Inside, sitting on the bed, was a beautiful young woman wearing a tight-fitting chambermaid's outfit and a golden smile. "Hello, I'm Grace," she explained. And, after a brief pause, but no movement, "I am doing his room."
"You better sit over there," Morrissey said to me, indicating the nether reaches of the room, and so we all sat, in silence, in our corners. There was something so surreal straight out of Bunuel, about this scene, that I began to wonder if it was part of an elaborate joke. Some contrived comment on Morrissey's elusive sexuality, or an elliptical stab at the bourgeoisie. "Is she ever going to go?" I mumbled to Morrissey. "No," he mumbled back in his doom-laden voice. "She will always be with us." When she had left he said that she "spooked" him, asking for his autograph for her 18-year-old sister and telling him, "I used to like you but I don't like you any more."

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1997/affair.htm
Oh, I now remember reading that.

He is human and he needs to be loved!

I will never forget his face as he left the stage at Earls Court back in 2004. Rumours (often fuelled by things he was saying on stage too) were rife about him retiring. As he said goodbye to us, I will swear to today that his eyes were moist. It certainly touched me.

So true... he wasn't sobbing or anything but his eyes were indeed moist - as were mine :o
The way he said "don't forget me - I love you - goodbye" still can make me cry.

Back
Top Bottom