Has Moz said anything about Israel lately?

In Gavin McIness' recent video about attending one of the Moz gigs in New York, he mentions a little story about a fan with an Israeli flag and Morrissey's reaction, though I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, since I've not seen any mention of this elsewhere.

he begins at around 7:33 in this clip:

Ah, good old Gavin 'Fake f***ing Scotsman', braindead American extreme right wing genetic debris. That eighth-wit c*** kin get tae f***. Permanently.

Then why on earth did they decide to go there in the first place, Auden? The way you put it, they would’ve had to want to have their promised land of milk and honey where they’d have to take it by violence and genocide the people living there, re-creating the Old Testament narrative and—oh my.
When they decided to go there it was a British Mandate. In fact, the whole of the Middle East was pretty much run by the British and the French at the time. I can't imagine anyone in the 1920s and 30s fully foresaw the collapse of empire in quite the way that it played out after WWII, culminating in the 1960s.

I’m really bored of this whole war in the Middle East, we’ve already forgotten about the war in Ukraine, when are we going to move on to the next current thing?
Maybe it will be the war in Taiwan, that would be interesting (although hopefully not until after I go on holiday there next year, hopefully the CCP can take my travel plans into consideration)

Yes, followers of the desert religions bring up their holy books all the time, wether it's the old or new testaments, the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, perhaps it's time to move on now?

Billions of Christians and Muslims are simply not going to drop their faith anytime soon, so we can dispense with this pie-in-the-sky suggestion.

And it wasn't necessarily a choice, I think. Something to do with the United Nations and a sense of commitment to a butchered group of people, imagine the trauma and panic after the war, no, I don't think you can. At least you don't try to camouflage your anti-semitic views. Hitler would be proud of you, I'm sure.

Suddenly I'm anti-Semitic and Hitler would be proud? Godwin's Law on page 2 of the thread? You've become Malarkey. I don't hate Jewish people. It's painful to have to point this out, but criticism of Israel does not equal anti-Semitism. To your point, the Zionists had considered several locations besides Palestine, but in the end a return to Eretz Israel proved too tempting. If you want to shift the blame to the Western powers, then fine: they could've picked a better spot for the Jews. In reality it was both the Jews and the British who agreed on Palestine. It was a terrible decision and hardly anyone is willing to regret it.

Do you for instance care ar all or pay the slightest attention to the many more people killed in Yemen by Saudi Arabia during the last ten years? Or by Assad? Or in Tigray? The Uyghurs? Rohingyas? Or is it just so convenient now to care for the people in Gaza because the opponent is tied to the jewish people?

I lament the suffering of all innocents, but geopolitically I'm probably more invested in the Israeli situation, 1. because I do like the Jews, they've always interested me, and I'm saddened to witness their (nearly) collective descent into this ugly chauvinistic and martial madness, and 2. because my own country has an incurable bloodlust and is subsidizing Israel to the tune of 14 billion dollars in the latest package.

Shocked No Way GIF by BritBoxUK

I’m really bored of this whole war in the Middle East, we’ve already forgotten about the war in Ukraine, when are we going to move on to the next current thing?
Maybe it will be the war in Taiwan, that would be interesting (although hopefully not until after I go on holiday there next year, hopefully the CCP can take my travel plans into consideration)

I’m really bored of this whole war in the Middle East
Its not put on for entertainment purposes , even the most cynical may have to have a rethink. They are covering the war in ukraine just its sharing the front page with hamas and israel. I don't think Morrissey has anything to say about the conflict in the mid-east as its nothing to do with him personally and I think he would get serious backlash if he did voice an opinion or take sides.

Morrissey has to say about the conflict in the mid-east as it’s nothing to do with him personally and I think he would get serious backlash if he did voice an opinion or take sides.
I think we could all take a leaf out of that book to be honest.
What do we know about it, really?
All we know is it’s a pigsty, and if you don’t know this, then what do you know.

He didn't seem to mind an audience member insulting Netanyahu at a Tel Aviv gig.

You really do like thin gruel, Malarkey.
He has given shows there when others encourage artists to boycott the state. He waved the Israeli flag on stage and called it God's Own County. He wrote a song that suggests Israel should love itself and is hated in the world because others are jealous of its achievements.
He likes the state of Israel and won't be marching for 'Free Palestine'. Get over it.

You really do like thin gruel, Malarkey.
He has given shows there when others encourage artists to boycott the state. He waved the Israeli flag on stage and called it God's Own County. He wrote a song that suggests Israel should love itself and is hated in the world because others are jealous of its achievements.
He likes the state of Israel and won't be marching for 'Free Palestine'. Get over it.

His song was about sex & was against the Israeli army.

He also waved the Turkish flag & wrote a song about Istanbul.

He's against the bombing of the middle-East & blamed American foreign policy for terrorism.

So - I don't think he's on board with your racism however much shit you pitch at him.

His song was about sex & was against the Israeli army.

He also waved the Turkish flag & wrote a song about Istanbul.
Last time I checked, no one was on the streets calling for the state of Turkey to be eradicated from the map.
Israel compares the experience of the singer, or some person unknown at least, with the experience of the state of Israel in overcoming adversity and self-reproach and repression. It's in praise of Israel.

'Israel' clearly has absolutely nothing to do with the land of Israel and the song should only be read as Moz's code name for 'sex'.
When Moz is feeling frisky, he leans over to Damon and says, fancy a little Israel tonight?

Malarkey is (partly) right. Portions of the song are about sex. This is just my interpretation, but since "Israel" in the song is a personification, I think Morrissey sees Israel the modern and tough nation, paired with its gay nightclub scene in Tel Aviv, as a handsome, amoral, sexually liberated thug. For some reason that kind of person has always appealed to Morrissey, and I think the country does too: as a swarthy Levantine criminal aggressor.

Last time I checked, no one was on the streets calling for the state of Turkey to be eradicated from the map.
Israel compares the experience of the singer, or some person unknown at least, with the experience of the state of Israel in overcoming adversity and self-reproach and repression. It's in praise of Israel.

As ever Gash - you lie. The song separates the people from the army & goes on about virgin priests not telling them who to love. Tel Aviv has sold itself as a gay friendly city - the Israeli government has homophobic members who want to change that.

Turkey is majority muslim country so he doesn't hate their religion or hold their government against them.

“There’s no point in punishing an entire nation for something its leader says or does.”
(Morrissey, Channel 2 News, July 2012)

“I love this city [Tel Aviv]. The rest of the world does not like Israel well. But the people there are very generous and friendly. You should never judge a people by their government. It is very rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people.'”
(Morrissey, Der Spiegel, November 2017)

Back
Top Bottom