Gareth Barry Leaves Villa For A Big Club!

I have to admit I didn't know Matt Busby was a blue, although if Dennis Law could jump ship I suppose it isn't that unforgiving. Johnny Marr had a trial with City as a schoolboy didn't he?

Superb....... a united fan who didn't know Busby was a Blue...... been a fan since 1992 eh?:rolleyes:

You mention Denis Law jumping ship........ did you know that Law played for City BEFORE he played for united??????
City signed him from Huddersfield, flogged him to one of the Milan clubs and united bought him a year later.
He once scored SIX goals for City AND ended up on the losing side:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Superb....... a united fan who didn't know Busby was a Blue...... been a fan since 1992 eh?:rolleyes:
Jukebox Jury

well yeah pretty much I'm only 23. So what are your predictions for next season for both United and City? Gareth Barry is an asset for City alright. Carlos Tevez will be a loss for united if he goes, I think Berbatov is possibly one of the most overrated players I've seen in years, I'd much prefer him to leave rather than Tevez.

well yeah pretty much I'm only 23. So what are your predictions for next season for both United and City? Gareth Barry is an asset for City alright. Carlos Tevez will be a loss for united if he goes, I think Berbatov is possibly one of the most overrated players I've seen in years, I'd much prefer him to leave rather than Tevez.

answer the question......:thumb:
did you know Denis Law was a Blue before he was a red?;)

Jukebox Jury

I think City started off alright when they first got the money, spending it on genuine potentially world-class player/s in Robinho, but the signing of de Jong, who could have been signed for £3m this summer if they had waited [they ended up forking out £17m for an above average footballer] is pretty much how they've ended up.

Elano should start for City, he's a class player and generally does something in more games than not.

Richard Dunne is like a cancer in the team, though, a bit like Raul at Real Madrid, until you sell him you'll constantly leak goals in and you'll never win much.

Richards has gone off the boil recently, aswell, so i think you need two quality centre-backs, it's why you've been linked with Toure, despite being pretty bad the last 2 seasons, still an upgrade on your current defenders.

Carvalho's said he wants to go, why don't City offer him loads of money to come? in the top 10 best centre-backs in the world, imo, and he's only 31.

And i'd try and go for Upson, aswell.

So i'd line up like this if i were Hughes;

---------------------------GIVEN

ZABALETA----CARVALHO------------UPSON------BRIDGE

-------------KOMPANY------BARRY------IRELAND

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS-------------------------------ELANO

-----------------------ROBINHO

with players like Bellamy, de Jong, Hart, Caicedo, Jo, etc etc on the bench.

Isn't there some story about Denis Law sending United down in 1974 when he played for City? I think I've heard that one once. Or maybe it was a thousand times:rolleyes:

So i'd line up like this if i were Hughes;

---------------------------GIVEN

ZABALETA----CARVALHO------------UPSON------BRIDGE

-------------KOMPANY------BARRY------IRELAND

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS-------------------------------ELANO

-----------------------ROBINHO

with players like Bellamy, de Jong, Hart, Caicedo, Jo, etc etc on the bench.

Rid of carvalho and put Zab in kompany's place with richards and onuoha in the back and you've got yourself a deal.

6 english players (including a fully english back line) and 2 irish. Lovely jubbly.

Richards' been crap this season, i think City might look to offload him.

A bit like Johnson this season aswell, seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Onuaha's alright, but not if you want to challenge at the top.

And if i was a City fan, i'd sooner see Kompany at the back over both of them!

Richard's been crap this season, i think City might look to offload him.

A bit like Johnson this season aswell, seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Richards has had an indifferent season in two positions, abit like Ireland last season. only a fool would ship him out now.

Onouha is vastly underratted and you're just gonna have to trust me on that

And Kompany's performances in the back line have left a lot to be desired, lots of mistakes and awkward moments

I was taught maths by Onuaha's dad 5 years ago, back then he was a forward, wasn't he?

he used to always say he was going to the reserve games to watch him lol

about a year after he was in the first team.. crazy

I was taught maths by Onuaha's dad 5 years ago, back then he was a forward, wasn't he?

he used to always say he was going to the reserve games to watch him lol

about a year after he was in the first team.. crazy

:O that's some claim to fame :p

He's a good lad, Onuoha. 'Has 5 A-Levels don't-cha-know

:)

yeah, both his parents are teachers ;)

the rumour at my school was Mr Onuaha was the most qualified teacher there lol

Isn't there some story about Denis Law sending United down in 1974 when he played for City? I think I've heard that one once. Or maybe it was a thousand times:rolleyes:

He did...... and didn't:thumb:
It was the last game of the season and with 5 minutes to go Law backheeled past Stepney to send the red twats down......
Law was immediately subbed and never kicked a ball again in league football as he retired (though did play for Jockland in the doomed 74 World Cup finals in Germany)

BUT..... I can't remember the exact sides involved, but another club (maybe Birmingham) won that day, so even if united had beaten City that day, they would have been relegated.

Either way, here's the clip of Denis's back heel:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Richards' been crap this season, i think City might look to offload him.

Johnson has not been crap this season....... he's been injured all season.

Onuaha has been brilliant - but not unexpected..... prior to Xmas, he has been playing for City on and off for 4 seasons.... but playing 5 great games... then injured for 4 months.... 5 great games then injured for 4 months etc etc.
He's finally played for 5 months injury free and is showing his natural potential.

Richards.... as mentioned.... playing out if position.

Elano...... not too arsed to see him go.... played brilliant for the first two months of his contract and above average for the last two months. In bewteeen... a shite 18 months.........

Jukebox Jury

He did...... and didn't:thumb:
It was the last game of the season and with 5 minutes to go Law backheeled past Stepney to send the red twats down......
Law was immediately subbed and never kicked a ball again in league football as he retired (though did play for Jockland in the doomed 74 World Cup finals in Germany)

BUT..... I can't remember the exact sides involved, but another club (maybe Birmingham) won that day, so even if united had beaten City that day, they would have been relegated.

Either way, here's the clip of Denis's back heel:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

It was indeed Birmingham. JJ, and United would have been relegated anyway, as you say.

That clip/story turns up on TV constantly.

I do suppose it was a seismic event in Manchester footballing lore!

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnson has not been crap this season....... he's been injured all season.

Onuaha has been brilliant - but not unexpected..... prior to Xmas, he has been playing for City on and off for 4 seasons.... but playing 5 great games... then injured for 4 months.... 5 great games then injured for 4 months etc etc.
He's finally played for 5 months injury free and is showing his natural potential.

Richards.... as mentioned.... playing out if position.

Elano...... not too arsed to see him go.... played brilliant for the first two months of his contract and above average for the last two months. In bewteeen... a shite 18 months.........

Jukebox Jury

What's your opinion on Dunne?

It was indeed Birmingham. JJ, and United would have been relegated anyway, as you say.

That clip/story turns up on TV constantly.

I do suppose it was a seismic event in Manchester footballing lore!

Ghosty.... the usual thing...... the truth or the myth..... go for the myth everytime:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

What's your opinion on Dunne?

Dunne was rightly player of the year for the 3 previous seasons..... he missed the partnership with Distin and suffered a bit with the partnership with Richards, but with Onuhua was strong.
Some daft sendings off but so what?

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom