G-Mex Setlist

Last night was my first Morrissey concert, or big concert of any kind really and I don't think I was very prepared for how physical an experience it is being in the crowd! I was on Boz/ Gary's side, second row and as soon as Morrissey appeared and until the end I was absolutely plastered to the poor people in front of me, it was quite an achievement to get a lungful of air occasionally! So I don't know where-abouts the crowd was apparently subdued, although I couldn't actually see much in general beyond my space it has to be said, but everyone around me was singing away and generally being very appreciative. I had severely restricted arm movements so I wasn't able to do much at all! My poor friend panicked (appropriately during Panic) as soon as the pushing started and got out to the side. I ache all over now and have quite a few bruises, worth it though?!

Morrissey was just perfect to me, charming, immaculate and sounded absolutely spot-on throughout. It took me a while to register what was going on after the shock of being near pulverised, but highlights for me were National Front Disco, Plea to Guilty, the absolutely gorgeous Please, Please, Please- particularly following his sweet comments of him being eternally ours, sniff! And I loved Daddy's Voice just because at one point he crouched directly in front of me and reached out and I could see his beautiful blue eyes and that moment alone made my evening :) Sigh...

it was my first moz gig and i couldnt beleive how mental it was down at the front. I lasted the first 4 or 5 songs then had to move further back. I had about 4 big skinhead hooligans jumping on me and this woman next to me got pushed to the floor so me and my mate were tying to help her up while nearly ending on our arses ourselves. But i really enjoyed the gig and loved the setlist.

Tonights gig was much better than yesterdays imho.... I've never been to a gig that size before. Any quibbles of mine relate more to the venue than anything else - I can see now why it gets used so rarely as a gig venue - have been there for conferences.

I didn't notice any difference in the set list from last night, between song patter was much better. And as for the band carrying Morrissey back on stage....:)

I did learn not to drink any booze, otherwise trips to the loo would take up mosy of the show!

I got the impression there were more fans tonight - a lot more people knew the songs, the lyrics.

And it was a nice gesture when he handed to microphone to a lady called Julia who had followed the whole tour - sweet!

I spent a lot of time having lustful thoughts about a band member though.:o

Daddy's Voice as a closer is stupid. Great song but a crap closer, that's all. I saw him at the Royal Festival Hall 2004 and he opened with it, that was great...

And the tour tshirt has the G-MEX dates as 22nd and 28th!

As for the closing songs, it was bittersweet - just what I'd expect really.

And it was a nice gesture when he handed to microphone to a lady called Julia who had followed the whole tour - sweet!

sorry, but that sentence SCREAMS "newbie" to so-low
I think other people know what I'm talking about...
...possibly the first time anyone has called Morrissey's Julia tendencies "sweet"
she didn't recite poetry or do her striptease routine this time?
oh darn
because i mean, i would have been ABSOLUTELY devastated if I missed that....

sorry, but that sentence SCREAMS "newbie" to so-low
I think other people know what I'm talking about...
...possibly the first time anyone has called Morrissey's Julia tendencies "sweet"
she didn't recite poetry or do her striptease routine this time?
oh darn
because i mean, i would have been ABSOLUTELY devastated if I missed that....

I'm not sure how to take this post. :mad:

I'm not sure how to take this post. :mad:

I think what she/he means is, if you weren’t new to the site you'd be calling Julia every name under the sun because everyone here hates her guts.
Strangely though, come the time when she was handed the microphone, I was the only one booing? Must be an internet thing :)

Anywho, it was my first gig tonight, I got right to the very front row, just to the left of the stage as you look at it. Hello to the woman me and a small girl chatted to a few times; those ladders just didn’t look safe did they?

It was absolutely amazing, to see him that close up has just made my life to be honest. All in all; great performance, top set list, awesome experience

.....and a tour shirt with the wrong dates....

....bastards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom