G-Mex Setlist

Vertie refues to sacrifice himself so his sould could attend the gig, so now we'll probably never know.

I.e. Sorry, nothing yet. No offence Vertie:D.

:eek: From what I read on the main page report it was the same setlist. One comment also indicated that it was a poor show! I hope not!

:eek: From what I read on the main page report it was the same setlist. One comment also indicated that it was a poor show! I hope not!

Would be disappointing if these last shows were to be boring ones, and in Manchester. I would almost kill to be there.

You should know by now that half the comments on the main board will be negative as a matter of course. Most complaining about the set list and others about Morrissey "going through the motions", whatever that means. :)

Setlist Was Same As Last Ones With The Edtion Of How Soon Is Now? Which May I Had Has Been The Best Time I've Seen Him Play It Live...Wondered What Later Today Brings.... GoodNight MozBless....

Most peeps wh0 went who you can depend upon to give an honest account are in the SnG!

And it looks like there'll be no sleep till Brooklyn for me!!!!

I've just got back and I thought he was superb tonight. His voice was magnificent, particularly on "Changed my Plea" and "Please Please".
Utterly spellbinding!!

He was chatty and upbeat too, with the usual Moz wit.
"This next song was first performed by George Formby"...(when introducing "Girlfriend in a Coma").

Ignore what the dickheads say....he was brilliant!! (trust me i know about these things)

I have attended 9 Morrissey concerts since 97 and for me this was up there with the best of them.

The audience were not lacklustre as someone said on the main board. If you stand at the back then that is what you will get.

I had one beer or six before the gig and managed to get within 6/7 of the front before he came on (Yes I am one of those who piss people off who have been queueing all day but thats life). I have to say it was absolutely crazy at the front. People were falling over and having to be pulled out.

Setlist was the same and he was on stage for 1 hr 40 mins. My only gripe is Pigsty as last song before encore and Daddys voice as last song. Surely he could have come up with a better one than that!

HSIN, IBEH, EILS, NFD and William were highlights.

Venue and sound were great from where I was stood.

I've just got back and I thought he was superb tonight. His voice was magnificent, particularly on "Changed my Plea" and "Please Please".
Utterly spellbinding!!

He was chatty and upbeat too, with the usual Moz wit.
"This next song was first performed by George Formby"...(when introducing "Girlfriend in a Coma").

Ignore what the dickheads say....he was brilliant!! (trust me i know about these things)

Agree 100%, fantastic. I've changed my plea and NFD were highlights for me. He was in a good mood and seem to take to the crowd as much as we did him. The only thing I was miffed about was him describing The Smiths as 'a music hall act' but then what do you expect when half your band tries to sue you?

Brilliant, I really enjoyed it, great. Moz shirt count: 4

He was on top form tonight and seemed to be enjoying himself. A friend of mine went for the first time and as we came out was buying tckts for 2mor for a tenner from a tout. He said it was the best gig he had been to.

The only thing I was miffed about was him describing The Smiths as 'a music hall act' but then what do you expect when half your band tries to sue you?

I think the comment "a music hall act who you've probably forgotten" was a bit tongue in cheek. Typical wry Moz humour having a pop at the way people still hanker for The Smiths and bang on about them re-forming or at least Marr being invited to perform with him etc.

Part of me wants to go tomorrow too but I want to preserve the memory of that. Also money is an issue.

First time i've seen him outside of a festival (got a ticket in 2004 but ended up not going, long story.) and it was fantastic.

I think the comment "a music hall act who you've probably forgotten" was a bit tongue in cheek. Typical wry Moz humour having a pop at the way people still hanker for The Smiths and bang on about them re-forming or at least Marr being invited to perform with him etc.

I still hanker for The Smiths myself, unashamedly so, but I also am under no illusions that a reformation is about as likely as West Ham winning the Premiership by 15 points.

DON;T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'SVOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I was pleased as bastard punch enough about PlsPlsPls...then Daddy's Voice comes on?!!!

And'Panic' was EXCELLENT but I sort-of knew it was coming...Irish Blood I also knew was coming (yay) but nice not to have it as the encore...but NATIO AL FRONT DISCO?!!!!!!!! Complete suprise!! Even when I recognised the first few bars I thought it was a crueljoke (like when he reckoned his band killed a policeman when they were 13 andsomehow that rly impressed him etc andI got v excited cos I thought it meant he was going to go fooking mad and do I wANT TheOne I Can't Have,,,

Right I was there and I can't remember the order but there was, most of ROTT, Let Me Kiss You, Irish Blood, First of the Gang, National Front Disco, Panic, Girlfriend in a Coma, How Soon is Now, Everyday is like Sunday.
Probably forgotten some but I am still tired.

Well Speedway was soundchecked in full yesterday so i expect that to turn up tonight!

Just woke up after last nights outing. I have to say how much technology and a bit of jiggery pokery has improved the sound in Gmex. With the seats out it makes a great venue (bar the bogs), far better than the Arena.

It was difficult not to mentally compare last night to the summer of 1986, with the obvious difference being the audience. The place went mad in 86, but from where I was last night (front-right) I was baffled why so many people just stood motionless staring at the projections when Morrissey was right in front of them. Is it me?

Moaning over.

I think people may have been standing staring at the projections because there was no chance they could get anywhere near the front for the amount of barging and pushing there was. It's really rough in there - I only lasted for two and a half songs before I had to get out and watch it on the screen instead.

And yes it does piss you off when you've been queuing for nearly three hours and someone just barges in front of you with five minutes to go....

Back
Top Bottom