funny man morrissey

Suzanne

i like this new trend of funny album covers. i wonder what inspired it after years of being quite serious.

i guess the trend technically started with the YATQ cover, but maybe nobody really got the joke...or maybe it wasn't a joke...?

this latest round seems really inspired, like the latest one where he's in his tux, but is standing around with a bottle of beer. that's a level of thought that i don't think most people are going to put into it because its visual humor which is something you don't think of when it comes to the poet types since they deal mainly with funny words.

Suzanne said:
i like this new trend of funny album covers. i wonder what inspired it after years of being quite serious.

i guess the trend technically started with the YATQ cover, but maybe nobody really got the joke...or maybe it wasn't a joke...?

this latest round seems really inspired, like the latest one where he's in his tux, but is standing around with a bottle of beer. that's a level of thought that i don't think most people are going to put into it because its visual humor which is something you don't think of when it comes to the poet types since they deal mainly with funny words.
Oh, I thought it was a bottle of champagne!:o
Anyway, I liked the recent ones with him lying on the tracks looking at his watch as if he was waiting for the train to roll over him.
I agree with you that he seems to be more humorous these days. He also seems so much more relaxed and content, which was evident to me when I saw him on this tour.
I believe he is comfortable with himself these days and that is reflected in his behaviour. It's written all over ROTT, too...:)

Hasnt he always sort of looked content on stage though? Aside from a few of the more anguished songs, I Know It's Over etc. which obviously provoke high emotion.

On Smiths bootlegs he seems very witty and charming, I got the impression he was always content when on stage, because that was what he lived for.

SRA said:
Hasnt he always sort of looked content on stage though? Aside from a few of the more anguished songs, I Know It's Over etc. which obviously provoke high emotion.

On Smiths bootlegs he seems very witty and charming, I got the impression he was always content when on stage, because that was what he lived for.
I sometimes found him quite awkward on stage, to be honest. He always said it was where he was most comfortable, but I remember usually half expecting him to do something ...strange years ago, and when I saw him this time he seemed more confident (if that makes sense), just so much more at ease with himself.
*sigh* It's not easy to describe feelings!

Down with goofy Moz! :mad:

Humour is so lowah clahss...

Last edited:
Codreanu said:

That being said, what's your favorite Smiths and favorite solo cover?

I'm curious.

Codreanu said:

so, morrissey isn't the one for you, fatty? :p
he's personally my vicar in a tutu, but caligula would have blushed if i had kept my brains between my legs.

morrissey has always been a funny ha ha. i was just a bit amused that over 20 years into his career we're getting funny visuals to match.

Alexandra said:
Oh, I thought it was a bottle of champagne!:o

I did, too. I thought it was him having some bubbly back in his cave after his performance from the cover of the album. :)

Yeah, I guess he wanted a new phase of cover art to go with his Attack Records period. I still can't believe a man who cares so much about cover art would've let Mercury Records do a design for him (Maladjusted).

Suzanne said:

Isn't the cover of "Your Arsenal" sorta funny?

B000002LUL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I mean that mic...... :eek:

So funny when he used to say he wasn't sexual......

BTW, Google first gave me the pic for this videogame.

B00020LZBG.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Theo said:

B000002LUL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BTW, Google first gave me the pic for this videogame.

B00020LZBG.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Off Topic: Where did he get that stomach scar?

Codreanu said:
The liner credits note: "stomach scar courtesy Davyhulme Hospital". I've always presumed an appendectomy.

Wow. You think he had his appendix removed?

Sir Alec said:
Wow. You think he had his appendix removed?
He did!
He mentioned it...ages ago...god, I am getting old...forgetting things!

And that picture is teh sex. Him being a tease. Again!
;)

Theo said:

but he didn't exactly plan that photo to come out that way...

Alexandra said:
I liked the recent ones with him lying on the tracks looking at his watch as if he was waiting for the train to roll over him.
I agree with you that he seems to be more humorous these days.

That is the funniest sleeve ever. Morrissey is one of the only people who could make that work. It doesn't work if you can't take the person seriously.

Back
Top Bottom