Film 'Looking For Eric' Compilation

Yeah, it was the type of human being who screams racist, misogynist abuse from the touchline, at length, in front of small kids and old ladies, at a man playing football.
Some human beings deserve to get kicked in the face with studded boots.
Sorry friend, but they just do. :straightface:

I'd say that it'll be nowhere as bad as you made out to be, and that I think footballers have an added responsibility.

Otherwise I agree to disagree.

Why don't you put The Fall on? Steve Evets was in them for a short while, playing bass.

Kewpie
How many other films were also shown at the Cannes Film Festival? And so f***ing what if it was? What does that mean? Usually it means.... a good film but will last one week at the local cinema.

You are dead right I haven't watched the film and why would I?
How many Def Leopard gigs have you been too? None I bet, but I bet you would say ''I wouldn't be seen dead at such a gig''. It's the same thing. I wont go to watch a film about a football team / player who I have absolutely no interest in as much as you wouldn't go and see a band that you have no interest in.... no matter how much the critics say ''how good the band are''.

And if you attend this film purely on the basis that Morrissey once wore a shirt with c***ona's name on it, then that shows how gulliable you are. As far as I know, you have NO INTEREST in football (tell me if I am wrong)..... so tell me...why would this film interest YOU? Other than Morrissey wore a c***ona shirt????

Regardless of how ''good'' the film is, the FACT is it wont be a commercial success at the cinema because football fans from beyond Stretford and Salford will have no interest in spending money / time on the subject, in the same way as I suspect you wont spend time and money on a Def Leopard concert. I doubt it will even show in a Liverpool cinema (and if it does, it wont be for more than a week. It will be pulled quicker than George Michael's penis)
*Waits for Kewpie to tell me she has been to a Def Leopard concert*

Jukebox Jury

To be fair, she did say that the Jimmy Grimble film was the best film she'd since since Nuns on the Run :lbf:

Seriously. It's a Ken Loach film, so will have an audience anyway, despite the darker aspects of the storyline.

Kewpie
How many other films were also shown at the Cannes Film Festival? And so f***ing what if it was? What does that mean? Usually it means.... a good film but will last one week at the local cinema.

How many Def Leopard gigs have you been too? None I bet, but I bet you would say ''I wouldn't be seen dead at such a gig''. It's the same thing. I wont go to watch a film about a football team / player who I have absolutely no interest in as much as you wouldn't go and see a band that you have no interest in.... no matter how much the critics say ''how good the band are''.

And if you attend this film purely on the basis that Morrissey once wore a shirt with c***ona's name on it, then that shows how gulliable you are. As far as I know, you have NO INTEREST in football (tell me if I am wrong)..... so tell me...why would this film interest YOU? Other than Morrissey wore a c***ona shirt????

Regardless of how ''good'' the film is, the FACT is it wont be a commercial success at the cinema because football fans from beyond Stretford and Salford will have no interest in spending money / time on the subject, in the same way as I suspect you wont spend time and money on a Def Leopard concert. I doubt it will even show in a Liverpool cinema (and if it does, it wont be for more than a week. It will be pulled quicker than George Michael's penis)

Jukebox Jury

You've clearly got your wires crossed somewhere, as the film actually has very little to do with football; Cantona isn't actually in that many scenes. It's primarily about a middle aged man in crisis, and covers various social issues and themes, as with any Loach film. You don't need to know anything about football really to see it.

And it will have a wide audience, simply because it's a Ken Loach film, whatever the subject matter.

It's been almost universally praised, so anyone who enjoys a decent film would be attracted to it.

You must be a bitter blue or a dipper.

You've clearly got your wires crossed somewhere, as the film actually has very little to do with football; Cantona isn't actually in that many scenes. It's primarily about a middle aged man in crisis, and covers various social issues and themes, as with any Loach film. You don't need to know anything about football really to see it.

And it will have a wide audience, simply because it's a Ken Loach film, whatever the subject matter.

It's been almost universally praised, so anyone who enjoys a decent film would be attracted to it.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Accept your point...... and if in 5 weeks time it's still on at screens across the land I'll hold my hand up..... and if it isn't......:thumb:

Jukebox ''Bitter Blue'' Jury

Kewpie

Jukebox Jury
Hang on, I thought all you "Bitter Blues" were always going on about how there were no Man U fans in Manchester, they were all in London, China or wherever. I'd think this film then would have a pretty good chance of a national if not international audience. There are alot of non-Blues out there.
Plus cinema and music are completely different art forms and can't be compared. You wouldn't go see a band you know you're not going to like, but people do take a punt on a film that they think they might like, and I think they will with this one, if it's sold right. It's definitely a word-of-mouth hit in the making.
I do appreciate though that the only way they'd get you in the door is with the promise of a final scene, slo-mo, of Robinho kung-fu kicking King "c***ona"s head clean off........:rolleyes:
Although, these days, he'd probably miss.

Kewpie
You are appalingly rude...:rolleyes:

Where did sistasheila say that the fan that c***ona kicked was a united fan?
She didn't...... she said ''he is the guy who gave a fan........

''A FAN''

Not a man u fan.
Get off your high horse:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Just to be clear, it was a Palace scumbag :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom