Favourite song on 'World Peace...' 1 year on?

Favourite song on 'World Peace.....' 1 year on?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

• I'm Not A Man

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

• Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

• Mountjoy

• Oboe Concerto

• One Of Our Own

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Art-Hounds

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • other

• Total voters
I won't get drawn into discussing who the subject of Morrissey's affection is in either of the songs, but I am fairly certain that the man driving in someone's car, never wanting to go home is indeed Morrissey and so is the man missing Sunny before he/she is even gone.

"Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?"

Fair enough IR. also if you don't want to say that you think there's a light that never goes out is about Johnny. That don't imply it with a quote from I won't share you. :rofl:, the song isn't even about Johnny :rofl: (common misconception) but quite clever :thumb:

Either way I got my answer to what or who one of your own is. So I'm off cheers

Btw I just realized that I could not figure out what one of your own is about because I had been keep reading it as one of our own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in one of the demo versions of 'There is a Light' he sings at the end, 'there is a light in her eyes and it never goes out.' I never felt this one was about Johnny.

as with many if not all writers of fiction they often make the lyrics reference several things or people at once sometimes all in the same line. maybe hes singing about a real person in a situation he feels sympathy towards or might allude to something he himself is going through making the song about both of them. using a real situation as inspiration for a story that expresses a sentiment that he himself might hold dear

I thought the words in the demo were 'there is a light in your eyes and it never goes out'.
For the record, I never said or implied that There Is a Light was about Johnny, all I said is that in both the songs we are discussing Morrissey is telling the story from his own perspective, not that of a 3rd party.

@tynamuna: The Perrier quote was about myself, has the Perrier gone straight to my head?

I thought the words in the demo were 'there is a light in your eyes and it never goes out'.
For the record, I never said or implied that There Is a Light was about Johnny, all I said is that in both the songs we are discussing Morrissey is telling the story from his own perspective, not that of a 3rd party.

@tynamuna: The Perrier quote was about myself, has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
I apologize :)

Wow my favourite and my least favourite are neck n' neck!

btw why not have all the songs on the post? Did we run out of room?

the answer to this question is the easiest yet-there is not one good track on this bag of shite of an album.my opinion,suck it up

Back
Top Bottom