world peace is not available on iTunes?

Re: world peace

He had it pulled when he was fired from Harvest.

Some stores still have the cd or records.

He had it pulled when he was fired from Harvest.

Some stores still have the cd or records.

Morrissey split with Harvest. No one here, including you knows if he was fired. If they weren't savvy enough to gain the rights to the album he recorded they can't be too bright.

And just to comlain: WP is not the only album of Moz which can't be found on iTunes. That is why I never heard Southpaw Grammar, Swords and some non-album tracks. It's impossible to get all the stuff I mentioned offline in a little siberian city where I live, and post service works like shit.

difficult to listen

no possibilty to buy the last album on itunes (i did buy it right after it was released in the itunes store but now its no longer available), additional songs can be bought neither, no "world peace is none of your business" on spotify. Why does it all has to be that complicated?

Re: difficult to listen

It's pretty easy to buy. Last time I looked Amazon had it.

no possibilty to buy the last album on itunes (i did buy it right after it was released in the itunes store but now its no longer available), additional songs can be bought neither, no "world peace is none of your business" on spotify. Why does it all has to be that complicated?

Because Morrissey acted like a spoiled brat and pissed off his new major label [whom he searched for for 5 years]. In return, they pulled the plug on his nonsense rather than deal with a 55 year old man-child?

It's available to download in lots of places, if you can't get it through the usual avenues then surely there's nothing ethical to consider :thumb:

And just to comlain: WP is not the only album of Moz which can't be found on iTunes. That is why I never heard Southpaw Grammar, Swords and some non-album tracks. It's impossible to get all the stuff I mentioned offline in a little siberian city where I live, and post service works like shit.

to bad, swords is a fav of mine

I know in the U.S., you cannot get "Quarry" on iTunes, among other releases ("Live at Earl's Court", "Beethoven Was Deaf", the original versions of "Viva Hate" and "Kill Uncle" and "Your Arsenal"....)

Spotify also doesn't have any of the above, either.

Every so often when I'm in a big box store that sells CDs, I'll check to see if WPINOYB is in stock. The Target near me has had two copies of the standard edition for quite some time, though I haven't checked since before Xmas. My local record shop also has had one copy of WPINOYB on vinyl there for quite some time.

I know in the U.S., you cannot get "Quarry" on iTunes, among other releases ("Live at Earl's Court", "Beethoven Was Deaf", the original versions of "Viva Hate" and "Kill Uncle" and "Your Arsenal"....)

Spotify also doesn't have any of the above, either.

Every so often when I'm in a big box store that sells CDs, I'll check to see if WPINOYB is in stock. The Target near me has had two copies of the standard edition for quite some time, though I haven't checked since before Xmas. My local record shop also has had one copy of WPINOYB on vinyl there for quite some time.

Why is Quarry and the others so impossible to find? I can't any of them on vinyl or digital. I know they are from a few years ago but you get other albums just fine.

I've wondered this for sometime.

It used to be, but they randomly took it off. I've almost posted about this several times.

I've never even heard it. Getting a CD is really the only option so I will have to go that route.
Why is it so hard to get?

Why is Quarry and the others so impossible to find? I can't any of them on vinyl or digital. I know they are from a few years ago but you get other albums just fine.

They all seem to be available as MP3s on Amazon, except Beethoven Was Deaf and World Peace.

I've never even heard it. Getting a CD is really the only option so I will have to go that route.
Why is it so hard to get?

I really do not know and I feel like there is a story. It was literally on Spotify one day, the double deluxe version, and it vanished. If you search for it you can still find it, but it shows it being unavailable--except for the songs that are on "Greatest Hits" and "Swords."

Spotify has overhauled their Morrissey collection several times now (they replaced out of nowhere Viva Hate, Bona Drag, Kill Uncle, and Your Arsenal with the new versions--both versions of Maladjusteds are on there, but one is hidden), but this happened separate from all that I believe.

It's weird. They also added the "Very Best of Morrissey" at some point--for awhile his top ten songs was deeply distorted, as with most artists people listen to the "greatest hits" or "best of" and the only greatest/best compilation was they ridiculous one he put together himself consisting mostly of post 2004 songs. Since they added an earlier "Best of" his top ten songs are more what you would expect.

I wish I knew the backstory to any of this, but I don't. And I doubt we ever will.

Still, I have faith that the truth is out there somewhere.

I really do not know and I feel like there is a story. It was literally on Spotify one day, the double deluxe version, and it vanished. If you search for it you can still find it, but it shows it being unavailable--except for the songs that are on "Greatest Hits" and "Swords."

Spotify has overhauled their Morrissey collection several times now (they replaced out of nowhere Viva Hate, Bona Drag, Kill Uncle, and Your Arsenal with the new versions--both versions of Maladjusteds are on there, but one is hidden), but this happened separate from all that I believe.

It's weird. They also added the "Very Best of Morrissey" at some point--for awhile his top ten songs was deeply distorted, as with most artists people listen to the "greatest hits" or "best of" and the only greatest/best compilation was they ridiculous one he put together himself consisting mostly of post 2004 songs. Since they added an earlier "Best of" his top ten songs are more what you would expect.

I wish I knew the backstory to any of this, but I don't. And I doubt we ever will.

Still, I have faith that the truth is out there somewhere.

Morrissey has stated he owns the recording of WPINOYB and licensed it to iTunes via Harvest. The end of his contract with Harvest only required him to licence WPINOYB directly to iTunes himself or via another label. It's hardly rocket science to use Bandcamp, ReverbNation or CDBaby. He's chosen not to do that, presumably to buffer his absurd 'conspiracy theories'. I'd suggest that Morrissey refuses to do so as he has an entitlement agenda about having a large marketing budget from one of the big 4 corporate capitalist labels: Universal, Sony, Warner & EMI. To issue WPINOYB would be to admit he's lost his negotiating clout with the Big 4 and will never get the marketing budget to ensure he finally gets a #1 Single/Grammy/BRITS Lifetime Achievment Award. Whatever it is he's droning on about with his latest rant.

Presumably, he hopes that touring arenas will create demand for online purchases which he can leverage in his next negotiations for a mainstream recording deal. However, as streaming moves to replace digital sales he may find he has miscalculated and anybody who's bothered enough to search iTunes will quickly find it on either a pirated site or rip it from a CD. And record companies increasingly want a slice of the merchandising action in 360 Degree Deals so he's probably being savvy to hoover up arena gig receipts first. before returning to smaller venues for his next album promotions.

His legacy back-catalogue availability is complicated by the plethora of labels, producers and writers, some with differing publishing and recording rights agreements. Often, artists sell their entire entitlement to future royalties for a lump sum leaving a label free to do what they want in future. This is the position of Radiohead who loathe Spotify but can only prevent 'In Rainbows' from appearing on the platform. Spotify purchase bulk rights to the catalogues of the Big 4 labels and most artists, other than Pink Floyd, Beatles, Led Zepp types, have absolutely no say in the matter.

With the help of a couple of mates I could have WPINOYB on iTunes as soon as Apple ok'd it. The only reason it's not there is because Morrissey likes to keep picking at the scab of his Harvest disaster. Or, presumably, someone else with a songwriting/producer credit on WPINOYB is unable to contract to iTunes via Morrissey direct because they are held in a contract with Harvest or others. It all comes down to bad planning and management of Morrissey's career by.....Morrissey! Here's a link showing just how easy it is to do this stuff if you own all the rights:

"Play the World Your Music

You'll be distributed to all of the world's most popular online music stores and streaming services including iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Beats Music, Spotify, Rdio, last.fm, Deezer, and more.

Keep 100% of Your Rights and Royalties"

http://www.reverbnation.com/control_room/artist/3738127/distro_releases

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom