Favourite Morrissey cover version?

Maverick

Maverick
By which i mean Mozzer covering another artist, not vice versa.

I'd have to say mine are No-one Can Hold A Candle To You & Drive-In Saturday.

Moonriver is sublime, also i like a lot That's Entertainment.
And i prefer the first version of Bowie's tune, back from 2000.

Stop the poll - the answer you are looking for is Nothing Rhymed.

Peter

Dusty Springfield's version is better though :straightface:
&
Moz's best cover is a duet of course:
Interlude by him and
Siouxsie-gazing1.jpg

a goddess :love:

You Say You Dont Love Me....Hopefully he will have recorded it and sticks it on a B-Side

Interlude for me. A girl who I had a crush-on knew only that song by morrissey which I´d never heard. I loved it............ We never hooked up:::nopity:

Oh, such a hard question!! It would be easier to list my least favorite than my favorite, as Morrissey is the master of the cover version. However, I'd have to say my top 5 are:

Moonriver
Interlude
Skin Storm
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
East West

Interlude is very hypnotic!.. but i just cant ignore Moonriver!..
so that will be my answer!:thumb:

Not sure if it's my favourite but I like the more melodic vocal on A Song from Under the Floorboards. The original is cool.

Although I haven't heard it I imagine No One Can Hold... is surely a vast improvement over the original. Yes?

I think NY Dolls cover worked when Moz and the lads were younger (and more shambolic on stage) -- not so much now.

Street Life is one of Roxy Music's greatest songs ever -- it's phenomenal. Cover version is...well, we know why he'll never play it again.

Not sure if it's my favourite but I like the more melodic vocal on A Song from Under the Floorboards. The original is cool.

Although I haven't heard it I imagine No One Can Hold... is surely a vast improvement over the original. Yes?

I think NY Dolls cover worked when Moz and the lads were younger (and more shambolic on stage) -- not so much now.

Street Life is one of Roxy Music's greatest songs ever -- it's phenomenal. Cover version is...well, we know why he'll never play it again.

Yeah, the Moz version is better than the original, but the original isn't bad.

I actually like his version of Human Being better than all other songs he's covered.

Also, I enjoy it more than the NY Dolls original. :o:blushing:

East West. I've seen it come in for a bit of stick on these forums and it is all total bollocks.

I STILL think he should cover a-ha's Living A Boy's Adverture Tale.

Back
Top Bottom