Ever been embarrassed to admit your a MOZ fan?

Re: I got over that a LONG time ago!

a MOZ fan?

I have always been proud...even if most conversations about him have been to defend him and his obsessive fans.

He adds to my insanity, but it's not his fault.

Twice - once was after the Madness gig, and also after 'Maladjusted'

Moz's behaviour was appalling, shameful. He deserved the media backlash. Awful day.

Re: Moz's behaviour was appalling, shameful. He deserved the media backlash. Awful day.

You're talking about the 1994 Madstock gig.. with Flowered up and Morrissey waren't you.. please tell me why Morrisseys behaviour was so appalling? I was there also.. Who knows, I may have even stood next to you.. so would like to hear your point..

Finsbury Park

Same gig, yes.... apparently, the artists had all been warned backstage that there was a serious 'trouble' element in the crowd who were ripe to cause mayhem, and they were all asked to cool down their acts and be as unprovocative as possible....

And Morrissey? What did he do? Came onstage in a gold bloody camp shirt then started parading with the Union Jack (a harmless flag to us, to the wankers in the audience, a symbol of their hate and violence) in front of the skinhead photographs backdrop.... it was as if he WANTED there to be a ruckus.... the bottles and stones were all very well for him - he could disappear backstage - it was US, the Moz fans left in the middle of these animals, who bore the brunt.

For him to have done this, when he was constantly in the press for his dubiously racist lyrics at the time, was insensitive, bullish, ignorant and it stank of a man who wanted to add some controversy to an otherwise dull set.

> You're talking about the 1994 Madstock gig.. with Flowered up
> and Morrissey waren't you.. please tell me why Morrisseys
> behaviour was so appalling? I was there also.. Who knows, I may
> have even stood next to you.. so would like to hear your point..

Back
Top Bottom