Education's new double-A single

A vocal that sounds like a less world weary Morrissey having his DNA tweaked and twisted with David Gedge and you have yourself a little stripped and ready for action nugget that'll nag, nag, nag until your driven to the point of distraction - oh yeah and it's damn cool to. Echoing the sentiment found on the Smiths 'Queen is Dead' it strangely takes in its stride another old Smiths gem 'William it was really nothing'.
Frankly you need this and with that I've a sneaking feeling that this lot may well be worth keeping tabs on over the coming months.
Reviewed by: www.losingtoday.com.

Cue Education. They don’t rely on the 'sound of Sheffield'. Instead think The Smiths, Wedding Present (of course) and Lamacqs current playlist. An even better track - and just plainly dead dry funny - is 'Charles'. Lyrical witticisms and hummable tunes maketh Northern music. Watch out for Education.
Reviewed by: www.manchestermusic.co.uk

Two cracking tracks recall the best guitar pop from The Wedding Present, Undertones and the Buzzcocks, but rather than having a skinny voice, Education have found a singer whose vocals resonate big and proud matching the chunky old school indie rock in a fine tune. Well worth tracking down just for the royal family baiting lyrical content.
My fave guitar record of the day.
Reviewed by: www.ireallylovemusic.co.uk

Expect a 'glowing review' inthe Atomicduster, when we next update our "Spotlight" section (but I expect, bythis time you're bored of all this praise heaped upon you). But honestly, it's nice to hear a single that immediately serves to ignite the soul and send you rushing to the 'Repeat' button. I disagree with some of the comments that mention the production (or lack thereof) and sound stakes, it's this honest delivery that is so astounding. You guy's, your great! Many thanks,
atomicduster.com.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom