Dylan cancelled next?

Anyone claiming not to understand what cancelled means has presumably been lobotomised

Anyone claiming not to understand what cancelled means has presumably been lobotomised
To communicate better it makes sense to ask what it means to you. The fact that you would reply with suspicion, "claiming not to understand," and insults, "lobotomized," means that you don't want to bother to actually communicate and are happy to just repost the ideas of others.

All I can say is that you seem preternaturally obsessed with assuming that the accused is always guilty...in every situation. You become borderline irate at even the suggestion that the accuser could be fabricating things. You seem to believe that only deeply rooted misogyny could explain why someone would want to hear the accused's side of the story as well, or look for evidence before drawing a conclusion.

It's borderline pathological.

I don't know if you have been victimized personally nor is it that relevant here except inasmuch as it might explain why you are so defensive at the mere implication that #metoo is a woefully flawed zeitgeist that has had its day in the sun and is now grasping at straws...like the absurd Bob Dylan "news."

Michael Jackson is not Woody Allen. Woody Allen is not Kevin Spacey....who is not Weinstein. Who is not Cosby. Who is not Ryan Adams.

All these people are very different individuals and the context surrounding each one is correlative to those differences. I am not going to buy into this bullshit neo-feminist tripe that men are evil abusers and that successful, wealthy men are at the top of the food chain, somehow by default guilty of abusing and preying on women by the very nature of laying claim to that success.

The only case I have followed closely or that I really even care about at all is Woody Allen's. I think that he is about as guilty of molesting that wackadoo as I am of having won the Indy 500. You wanna talk about child abuse? Look at Mia Farrow. Christ only knows the psychological damage she wreaked on her daughter in the name of revenge.

Adams is guilty of being an overrated mook. The guy is a stroke. Sounds like a bit of an asshole. But a sexual predator? Nah. And hey. Old Pheobe sure put up with it long enough to secure a name for herself, riding his coattails until she didn't need him anymore. What did he do to Mandy Moore? Told her she wasn't a musician and that she had no talent. Guess what? She isn't and doesn't. Then they got divorced. Ever been divorced? Usually it is preceded by both people getting REALLY shitty with each other. Yeah the guy sounds like a joy to be married to but that doesn't make him a sex offender. It just makes him a dude in a failed marriage. Moore later cried "victim" publicly when it was socially and culturally to her advantage to drag his name through the mud. Then she went out for some ice cream with Liz Phair and they painted each other's nails and talked about shoes.

Cosby probably engaged in inappropriate behavior. With SOME of those women. Don't know. I wasn't there. Same with Weinstein.

Spacey is just a weird dude. Again...can't say what he did or didn't do. Wasn't there. I love American Beauty. Haven't seen anything else he has done. Don't care.

Louis C.K. admitted to jerking off in front of a handful of women. No pun intended. He admitted it was f***ed up and inappropriate and unsolicited. There is also no evidence that he forced any of those women to stay and watch. They chose to stay. They weren't held against their will, at least as far as I know. If I am wrong I am wrong.

Anyway...he took his beating. He was cancelled. Gradually came back. Moved on. He's over it.

Life goes on...for people who actually have one.

That's all I can say about it, really. Believe what you like. Fly that male feminist flag high. Bravo. You go, girl.
Replying to the first paragraph because again, I didn't read all this.
I don't have to presume anything about why you leap to the defense of rapists. I only have to read your own words about the women you've known. It is possible that I have a bias towards believing the accuser but I don't believe the accused is guilty to anywhere near the degree that you believe the accuser is lying. And I actually look into the known facts which is why I know that Cosby and Weinstein, who you chose to portray as victims of lying women, were actually guilty of rape.

What repercussions can cancelling even have on him. He’s hardly going anywhere further in his career, especially after selling his discography as of late.

What repercussions can cancelling even have on him. He’s hardly going anywhere further in his career, especially after selling his discography as of late.

Well, I was hoping he’d make another christmas album.

Replying to the first paragraph because again, I didn't read all this.
I don't have to presume anything about why you leap to the defense of rapists. I only have to read your own words about the women you've known. It is possible that I have a bias towards believing the accuser but I don't believe the accused is guilty to anywhere near the degree that you believe the accuser is lying. And I actually look into the known facts which is why I know that Cosby and Weinstein, who you chose to portray as victims of lying women, were actually guilty of rape.
I think at this point it's pointless to continue the conversation. You see things your way and I see things my way. I don't defend rapists and I don't hate women and if that's all you could walk away from my li'l Coors Light polemic with then either I failed or you did.

I will say, though, that even if you didn't actually read my entire post, it's not a good idea to make a point of making sure I and the rest of the forum know that. That says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Enjoy your night, bud.

Last edited:
I think at this point it's pointless to continue the conversation. You see things your way and I see things my way. I don't defend rapists and I don't hate women and if that's all you could walk away from my li'l Coors Light polemic with then either I failed or you did.

I will say, though, that even if you didn't actually read my entire post, it's not a good idea to make a point of making sure I and the rest of the forum know that. That says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Enjoy your night, bud.
you look like keanu reeves in that picture. reality bites would have been allllll over dat.

Back
Top Bottom